Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DL NOW] D-Ace & DJ LV Presents - 2pac 'Only The Strong Survive Vol.1' (2012)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can u upload the i gotta get mine mix from the snippet it was sounding hella dope [MENTION=856]LarsVerb

Comment

Street Life - Remix is aight, a bit too weird for me with the lalalala, maybe if the low piano were some chords instead to make it more stronger, clean CPU though which is cool

Letter 2 Da President - Jaaazabellll, cool remix, I got mixed feelings about it cause the sample sounds kinda sad compared to the original, another clean remix doe'

How Long Will They Mourn Me - I really like this one, the remix would have been perfect on the single maen! even the guitar from the CPU blends beautifully with the track, very clean remix too, I would say it's the best How Long Will They Mourn Me remix HANDS DOWN

Souljah Like Me - Sounds like a Loyal 2 The Game kinda remix, but way better, I like the trippy modern sound it has to it. 2Pac should be mixed more wider though imo, the width of the musical elements are somewhat compressing 2Pac's vocals to me. Remix is cool doe!

Never Had A Friend Like Me - Ooooo yes, this is probably my favorite from the tape so far, the sample is biblical with Never Had A Friend Like Me, I got a stiffy (no homo) when the low bass kicks in to give the track that warmth, dope ass beat and perfect remix for Never Had A Friend Like Me, best fanmade remix I've heard of this, better then that Nu-Mixx garbage also, love it to death!! lemme mention again how dope that low bass is, will be bumping this remix foreverr

War Games - Cool Deathrow kinda remix, sounds remixed straight outta Deaf-Row! Not really feelin the music for it but it's deff some OG kinda shit! awesome musical elements in the background too, that wine synth is dope

When I Get Free - I remember this one from a long time ago, dopeness. That guitar is sex. Awesome when the verse kicks in. This shit should have been on the RUSD album. Definately a banger, can't get enough of that guitar

Old School - Nice G-Funk touch, I like this one, a lot of swaggy instrumentation, chorus is dope for Old School too! cool one!

Wassup Wid Da Love - Really liking that piano, this shit should have been an official remix, the acapella fits up to the beat PERFECTLY! very clean remix too considering it's a CPU, good job with this one, definitely can kick back to this and smoke a little somethin somethin to it. I like the humming of the female in the background also compliments the track overall very nicely

Thugz Mansion - As I wrote somewhere earlier, it's better than the original man by a damm mile, it's more full with nice musical surroundings, a lot of warmth when the verse starts which is dope, only thing that kinda lets it down for me is the quick decay of the piano, I think it would have sounded doper if it had a longer release, other than that, everything is perfect, hook is pure dopeness, this remix is how Amaru should have done their albums, this is a perfect example, to remake the original and touch up on it (the original producer or whatever) and yo good talent has done that for us! good shit maen

Black Jesus - Another big highlight for me, the Brenda Russel sample in the back suits up to this beautifully, when I was listening to this earlier on in the morning on my phone, I was thinking, this shit outshines the retail and OG for me, the remix has more soul & emotion to it for Black Jesus, REAL talk, great taste and job with this one matching up a biblical emotional musical vibe for Black Jesus, should be thrown on an album too! To my recollection, no one has ever remixed this, very clean shit here, big ups!

Reincarnation - Just like Thugz Mansion, a touch up of the OG that sounds properly mixed with more instrumentation like how a finished track should sound, this one is fantastic, great guitar and stuff, it's definitely 10 times better than the original because it sounds more full, good job my man!

UTEOT - I remember DOPFunk dropped this beat a few years ago on TN, never thought of remixing it with the acapella haha, the studio pella sounds a bit bad on this one, but overrall a solid nice remix with that bomb remake by DOP, that CPU chorus is just plain wonderful, great idea to add that in!!!!! I don't really like that dadaaadeedaaa sound when the verse begins, doesn't really suit the beat imo but that's just me!

R U Still Down - O that Notorious BIG song, which was it, Miss U? mixed beautifully, nice addition with Daz! & that rapper in the 2nd verse, I forgot what his name is, he sounds good too, this is a great remix because it has different rappers and not just a str8 remix using just Jon B & 2Pac, nice one bruh!

California Love - Cool remix, it's more of a chilled out G-Funk remix compared to the original, a laid back version, Roger sounds dope as fuck on this lol, the intro is a bit too long imo, nonetheless it's a nice one here!

Fame - The only cleaaaaannnn remix i've heard of this, very very clean which is dope, I like that piano line, suits Fame

Pour Out A Lil Liq' - The drums on this are fuckin slappin, it's a pretty chilled remix of Pour Out A Lil Liq, nice and clean like the rest, good job yo. That sample is dope

Outlaw - Good song to finish off the mixtape, I like how it builds up, has a stronger vibe going on here compared to the original, I reckon that sample sounds good with Outlaw, I could see a lot of Rasta's smoking a big ass bahama joint to this

Overrall, a solid ass mixtape, I don't check out 2Pac mixtapes anymore but the acceptation of this one of course due to it's diverse sound & not using the same old saturated acapellas everyone remixes all the time, outstanding job with maintaing the cleanness of the vocals on all these! it was an interesting tape and one to remember out of the 2 billion out there that's for sure, the style on this reminded me a little of Jigs's style, he remixed the songs with the same kind of sound in background just different muscial elements and what not but this surpasses that & his style on a greater level, I kid you not that I feel some of these should have been on actual 2Pac albums because it's in Pac's style perfectly & the remixes sounded like something you would hear on a single at the most. Obviously a lot of time was put into this project & sure it's payed off with it's everlasting remembrance that it will have, good shit you stuck to your guns & was patient with it.

Highlights for me, a lot these remixes were flat out dope, but ones I'll be bumping more on a regular basis for all eternity lol - will be How Long Will They Mourn Me, Never Had A Friend Like Me (most definitely) & BLACK JESUS (absopositivily)!!! Big Upps +1
      Last edited by KW; 09-18-2012, 09:23 AM.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
      Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

[MENTION=2072]Klockwork

Thanks for the dope ass review man . Propz.

The rapper is Warren G btw .

[MENTION=2535]al c4pone

Never finished it, but maybe on Vol.2 on another 2pac-forum mixtape.

Comment

today i dl and listen it at last...:P

looking foward

Cover and Tracklist looks promising !

Comment

Originally posted by LarsVerb View Post
            D-Ace and I are happy to drop this mixtape. We worked for around a year on this mixtape, and come with this final tracklist.

First I want to thank some people. Thanks [MENTION=1946]DJ Cvince and [MENTION=2327]DOPFunk for submitting a beat for the mixtape. Thanks 2 [MENTION=306]KREW [MENTION=2072]Klockwork [MENTION=1579]SiK RyDa [MENTION=2814]JackV for always giving their feedback on the mixes etc.

Big propz 2 [MENTION=2343]ThuG4LifE for making the amazing cover, thanks!

Thanks 2 [MENTION=1484]KingSimba for all the support!

The most propz goes out to [MENTION=2997]Bryanonim! for mastering the mixtape so beautifull & [MENTION=943]MrMind, for always giving us the best cpu’s you will find on the net, plus always giving his honest feedbacks! Thanks a lot m8 for all your help and support.

And ofcourse Thanks 2 the #staff and the whole site!

I wanted to say something about track 9 (wassup with the love). This is a remake of the DJ one remix of the same song. It was always one of my fav remixes ever, but I hate that his acapella was not really good, plus not a fan of the drums he used. So we made the decision to redo it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now its only a Datpiff link, because we want to have the mixtape in the leaderboards there hahaha. Its a sponsored link, so you dont need a account or whatever to stream or download it. I will add some more download links later.

Enjoy.

Download Link:

Today its 16 years ago since Tupac Shakur died, because the shooting on September 7th 1996. This mixtape is to celebrate his life and to remember the amazing person/artist he was. This mixtape contains remixes of acapella's that are never remixed before.

#vip #dj
            fame and reincarnation are dope.. street life is better than the og.. this is a great mixtape.. good job on the og vibes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jessesurratt View Post
              fame and reincarnation are dope.. street life is better than the og.. this is a great mixtape.. good job on the og vibes.
              Thanks. Glad to see you liked it .

Comment

u done a reallly nice job on black jesus, feels more finished than the og now!

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post

Thugz Mansion - As I wrote somewhere earlier, it's better than the original man by a damm mile, it's more full with nice musical surroundings, a lot of warmth when the verse starts which is dope, only thing that kinda lets it down for me is the quick decay of the piano, I think it would have sounded doper if it had a longer release, other than that, everything is perfect, hook is pure dopeness, this remix is how Amaru should have done their albums, this is a perfect example, to remake the original and touch up on it (the original producer or whatever) and yo good talent has done that for us! good shit maen

Reincarnation - Just like Thugz Mansion, a touch up of the OG that sounds properly mixed with more instrumentation like how a finished track should sound, this one is fantastic, great guitar and stuff, it's definitely 10 times better than the original because it sounds more full, good job my man!

California Love - Cool remix, it's more of a chilled out G-Funk remix compared to the original, a laid back version, Roger sounds dope as fuck on this lol, the intro is a bit too long imo, nonetheless it's a nice one here!

I fully agree with this right here. You're the man Gee....great work

Comment

I finally got my wish. G-funk beats all over the joint.

"How Long Will They Mourn Me". So good it sounds like QDIII himself remixed it. The back round vibes QDIII was so famous for are spot on. Perfection. 10/10

"Never Had A Friend Like Me". Just a beautiful sweet melody. 9/10

Some 8 out of tens, Wassup With The Love, Black Jesus, Reincarnation, California Love. Some 7 out of tens, Are You Still Down, When I Get Free, Thugz Mansion, Until The End Of Time. Which gives this mixtape a very solid foundation. Without a doubt the mixtape of the year. I only hope to hear more sometime in the future.
                    Last edited by The Saint; 09-23-2012, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• thanks for all the comments

mediafire link http://www.mediafire.com/?8pnaxxbgn76i9y1

Comment

• Finally we have it!!!
                        I waited too long for this release, i love it!!!
                        - Steez 4 President -

Comment

• Finally i can Listen the whole Mixtape.Just heard it completely atm.
                          The Whole Mixtape is to dope the best Mixtpae that i ever heard.

I prefer the original but with a tape like this I love to hear Mixes !!! so many good QUALITY MIXES.
                          like new made ​​and it is difficult to pick out the best, so I've listed a few but I like the other songs too.
                          You're doing it on, sit back and enjoy just as shit.
                          Now i want burn it on CD for my Car

Here this are my "favs"

Its hard but this is my #1 >>>Wassup With The Luv<<<

Letter To The President
                          Never Had A Friend Like Me
                          Thugz Mansion (here the same, the singer on the hook is bomb)
                          Black Jesus
                          Are You Still Down (i like the singers in the hook really, smooth song)
                          California Love (dope new beat)
                          Fame (cool beat, amazing intro, a whole new song, crazy)
                          Pour Out A Lil Liquor ( is killing the beat )

Amazing work DJ LV and D-Ace. The wait was definitely worth it.
                          Goin Hard on top

Cant wait for Vol. 2

Comment

• Thanks for your comment man, glad u liked it .

Originally posted by Mr.Passion View Post
                            Finally i can Listen the whole Mixtape.Just heard it completely atm.
                            The Whole Mixtape is to dope the best Mixtpae that i ever heard.

I prefer the original but with a tape like this I love to hear Mixes !!! so many good QUALITY MIXES.
                            like new made ​​and it is difficult to pick out the best, so I've listed a few but I like the other songs too.
                            You're doing it on, sit back and enjoy just as shit.
                            Now i want burn it on CD for my Car

Here this are my "favs"

Its hard but this is my #1 >>>Wassup With The Luv<<<

Letter To The President
                            Never Had A Friend Like Me
                            Thugz Mansion (here the same, the singer on the hook is bomb)
                            Black Jesus
                            Are You Still Down (i like the singers in the hook really, smooth song)
                            California Love (dope new beat)
                            Fame (cool beat, amazing intro, a whole new song, crazy)
                            Pour Out A Lil Liquor ( is killing the beat )

Amazing work DJ LV and D-Ace. The wait was definitely worth it.
                            Goin Hard on top

Cant wait for Vol. 2

Comment

• A mixtape that reams quality from start to finish whether you love the remixes or not. Great job mastering this bad boy.

Several excellent tracks.... the stand out for me is....

Street Life.... This track is AMAZING! Hands down sounds like it could be, scratch that, should be retail! I'd love to hear a version with some Prince Ital banging out an intro and possibly an outro to give it a bit more of that authentic OG vibe.

Did you gents try something like this? Or would you consider giving this a try?

Other amazing tracks include...
                              Wassup with the Love, California Love, Black Jesus and Old School

Overall, a sick tape. My only critique is that a few of the tracks (i.e. Letter, Morn Me), although very well mixed, just didn't fit the mood of the track. But hey, that's a subjective/personal opinion and doesn't take away from my appreciation of what you guys put together here.

Thanks for the share.

Comment

• Pour Out A Lil Liquor

Damn, I've destroyed my replay button :/

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X