• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thaks for keeping the download folder updated kool81

Streamed a few times as well to help you out. Link for anyone who needs it:

These sound amazing on a nice stereo. So many details in the mix that streaming mushes up with its bitrate.

Comment

Comment

Include a version without the intro talking when you upload WAV please. It takes away from the mix quality and doesn't match properly. Reminds me of megaphone adlibs on WTC which sounded off as well.

And did you not have a 3 verse Pac solo vibe of Run Tha Streetz?

Comment

Been listening to When We Ride On Our Skateboards.

The gun sound detracts from the song, is ok on outro but not the rest. At around 110 there is a very odd artefact that appears in the song like the percussion is out of sync (again at 356). Pacs voice needs to be EQd with some more bass as it sounds thin. 236 string build up should drop out the beat or have some kind of switch up.

Maybe add in a little bit of the same wah guitar from RUSD vibe. Actually that style of production would sound good here, 1st mix of yours I felt could be improved. Food for thought

Nice percussion but maybe not for Pac

Superb instrumental layers:

Anyway, let me know if this was helpful as intent or i'll just keep listening quietly as i know artist peoples can be sensitive

Comment

Originally posted by realistic biscuit View Post
                  Been listening to When We Ride On Our Skateboards.

The gun sound detracts from the song, is ok on outro but not the rest. At around 110 there is a very odd artefact that appears in the song like the percussion is out of sync (again at 356). Pacs voice needs to be EQd with some more bass as it sounds thin. 236 string build up should drop out the beat or have some kind of switch up.

Maybe add in a little bit of the same wah guitar from RUSD vibe. Actually that style of production would sound good here, 1st mix of yours I felt could be improved. Food for thought

Nice percussion but maybe not for Pac

Superb instrumental layers:

Anyway, let me know if this was helpful as intent or i'll just keep listening quietly as i know artist peoples can be sensitive
                  Based on your detailed description and YouTube links it sounds like you have an idea for a completely different mix. Are u able to put together a quick draft to see how it sounds?

At 1:10 and 3:56 wah wah sound and rising strings sample from WOAS kicks in. The WOAS sample has hi hats in it. I could've made them line up perfectly, but I wanted it to have that "human error" type of feeling.

At 2:36 it's the same arrangement as the 1st verse.

As far as Pac's vocals... well it's an extracted vocal, so it's in whatever shape the program was able to give me unfortunately.

On the other hand there's always the actual OG available to enjoy
                  Last edited by kool81; 05-25-2023, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post

On the other hand there's always the actual OG available to enjoy
                    Thats what I'm saying. Your mixes are usually the defacto best version but this one is a step backwards from the original. I do hear a totally different mix. Listen to the second instru at 40 seconds and how dramatic it is, those pad/strings under you beat would fill it out.

Send me the acapella and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Thats what I'm saying. Your mixes are usually the defacto best version but this one is a step backwards from the original. I do hear a totally different mix. Listen to the second instru at 40 seconds and how dramatic it is, those pad/strings under you beat would fill it out.

Send me the acapella and I'll see what I can do.
                      When We Ride On Our Enemies (extracted acapella)
                      https://mega.nz/file/AjQTUS7D#TrhglOXvQWEz5Wz9XrdWr0UDTDCv6ZKAIGAnNactq 1o

Good luck

Comment

6/11/23 Mega File Update

"Hail Mary" (OG Vibe)

Comment

One of my favorite mixes here. The subtle stuff makes it very dope like the key switch and those floaty synths. Sounds different to the YT version I remember, must have been responsible for half the spins on that one and def all of the ones on IAMAC (A Dream mix) as that stayed on loop.

So nice to hear these in HQ now as there is so much detail in the mix and its nicely spaced. Well done.

Comment

"If I Die Tonight" (Deep Cover Remix Mix 2)

(*I'll be uploading the WAV file to the Mega file collection soon)

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
                              "If I Die Tonight" (Deep Cover Remix Mix 2)

(*I'll be uploading the WAV file to the Mega file collection soon)
                              What happened to the folder?

Comment

What happened to the folder?

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X