PlayStation 5 Reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
    That shit is ugly. Looks like a big cable modem. Or one of them tall air purifiers. And nothing I saw in that show screamed "next gen" to me. Outside of maybe Ratchet & Clank using the SSD speed to be able to go level to level like that on the fly. Though really, how many games will do that? Will that be a gimmick thing thrown into games just to show off what the SSD can do? Everything else looked very doable on this gen. If you play on a PS4 Pro connected to a 4KTV with HDR, you know I'm not lying.

Spider-Man Miles Morales is the only launch game confirmed from their 1st party if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember any others saying Holiday 2020. It's also not a full-fledged game. Think of Infamous First Light or Uncharted Lost Legacy. It's like an expansion standalone.

I'm also surprised they went with an All Digital Version. That kills the backwards compatibility if you own PS4 discs. Outside of lazy ass convenience, what's the pro of going strictly digital? You own nothing now, just a digital license and they release at the same price as physical media does. You don't get a discount when they don't even have to manufacture and ship a physical version of your copy. I'm physical until I'm forced otherwise.

Last thing, fuck Rockstar and Take Two. GTA V for a 3rd straight generation? Wow. I guess idiots continue to purchase them shark cards to the point of them not bothering with anything else. Terrible way to start the show too. "Future of gaming" lol

The thought that from 2001 to 2009 we had GTAIII, Vice City, San Andreas & GTAIV + Episodes From Liberty City (not to mention the Stories mini series) to then now from 2013 to 2021 is GTA V, GTA V, GTA V is crazy. Microtransactions, loot boxes, just monetization of everything today has changed the game. It's really shitty. Can't even get a working game at launch. Or even missing the entire multiplayer at launch. They have the mindset of "fuck it, we'll patch it with an update later." I miss the old days. It's why I only buy games on sale now. Get the Ultimate/GOTY/Complete Edition a year later and don't have to be a launch tester for them after giving them full price.
    Agree.

And the digital version will be a fraction of the cost I bet, but you'll be paying up a lot more in the long run cause Sony's online store is rediculously overpriced.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Bugsnax? lol
      Running from the police..

No matter what I do..

Comment

very disappointing games at the launch. IMO gaming since PS4 got very boring. THe games releasing are just nothing compared to the PS1 and PS2 games... fuck these futuristic graphics and all... all i need is game play fun!! and i gotta say, i only enjoyed 5 or 6 games yet on the PS4, damn what a bad statistic lol

PS1 > PS4

oh yeah, no way in hell will i pay the full retail price for PS5, i'll wait some years to go on outlet price. why should i pay that high amount of money when there are no good games to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzymoon View Post
          I like the new design, mine's already pre-ordered

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
          how much did you pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
            That shit is ugly. Looks like a big cable modem. Or one of them tall air purifiers. And nothing I saw in that show screamed "next gen" to me. Outside of maybe Ratchet & Clank using the SSD speed to be able to go level to level like that on the fly. Though really, how many games will do that? Will that be a gimmick thing thrown into games just to show off what the SSD can do? Everything else looked very doable on this gen. If you play on a PS4 Pro connected to a 4KTV with HDR, you know I'm not lying.

Spider-Man Miles Morales is the only launch game confirmed from their 1st party if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember any others saying Holiday 2020. It's also not a full-fledged game. Think of Infamous First Light or Uncharted Lost Legacy. It's like an expansion standalone.

I'm also surprised they went with an All Digital Version. That kills the backwards compatibility if you own PS4 discs. Outside of lazy ass convenience, what's the pro of going strictly digital? You own nothing now, just a digital license and they release at the same price as physical media does. You don't get a discount when they don't even have to manufacture and ship a physical version of your copy. I'm physical until I'm forced otherwise.

Last thing, fuck Rockstar and Take Two. GTA V for a 3rd straight generation? Wow. I guess idiots continue to purchase them shark cards to the point of them not bothering with anything else. Terrible way to start the show too. "Future of gaming" lol

The thought that from 2001 to 2009 we had GTAIII, Vice City, San Andreas & GTAIV + Episodes From Liberty City (not to mention the Stories mini series) to then now from 2013 to 2021 is GTA V, GTA V, GTA V is crazy. Microtransactions, loot boxes, just monetization of everything today has changed the game. It's really shitty. Can't even get a working game at launch. Or even missing the entire multiplayer at launch. They have the mindset of "fuck it, we'll patch it with an update later." I miss the old days. It's why I only buy games on sale now. Get the Ultimate/GOTY/Complete Edition a year later and don't have to be a launch tester for them after giving them full price.
            Yeah I was not impressed by many of these games either except for Demom Souls and Hitman. If Sony really wanted to win this generation, they should have focused on remaking Ps1,Ps2, Ps3 games similar to how Tony Hawk got a remake. Infact Tony Hawk would have been a solid exclusive to help push the console along with Last of Us II for next gen only. Ofcourse some people would be mad but it would force an upgrade. Sony has so many retro games that need a face lift that they are doing nothing with. Rockstar should have been working on a new GTA since the release of the original GTA5. No way they just started it a year or two ago. That means we won't see one until like 2027.

They should have just remade Vice City as a launch timed exclusive. Everybody wants a remake of VC or San Andreas. Updating the textures also opens the door for you to reuse the city in future GTA installments. It's a missed chance. I also would have loved for them to do something with Warhawk, Socom, Metal Gear, Twisted Metal, MAG, Syphon Filter. This whole generation seems aimed at 10 year olds that love fortnite. 3 games looked just like a Horizon Zero Dawn ripoff, and one was a Banjo Kazooie ripoff with Ps3 Graphics lol
            Last edited by MachineGunFunk; 06-13-2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KW View Post
              Agree.

And the digital version will be a fraction of the cost I bet, but you'll be paying up a lot more in the long run cause Sony's online store is rediculously overpriced.
              Digital version would not be worth it. Say you buy 20 games, you resell back 15 to trade in stores or friends. You will probably make up the difference regardless. Also you won't risk your library being purged, which has happened to many users before.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie P View Post
                how much did you pay for it?
                I had to pay 50€ for the pre-order just to make sure i can have one on release date

The rest i have to pay on release
                I hope Sony releases the full price soon

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
                sigpic

Comment

Last one I played was a PS2, but I had more fun playing the PS1.
                  Last edited by Proletarian; 06-13-2020, 10:31 PM.
                  "The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas".

Comment

Looks huge

Comment

I don't share the negativity about the design. I love it.

Visualy/graphics wise. I'm not really impressed. I saw some good things. But i also saw pop-ups in Gran Turismo, wich shouldn't happen because the SSD is ssoooooooo fast bla bla bla.

Games wise, there were enough games shown i would buy, so that's a win win for me.

We will see what the future brings. But tbh, i'm a PS fanboy from the beginning. PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4.....

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
                        I don't share the negativity about the design. I love it.

Visualy/graphics wise. I'm not really impressed. I saw some good things. But i also saw pop-ups in Gran Turismo, wich shouldn't happen because the SSD is ssoooooooo fast bla bla bla.

Games wise, there were enough games shown i would buy, so that's a win win for me.

We will see what the future brings. But tbh, i'm a PS fanboy from the beginning. PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4.....
                        this is the issue. Playstation showed way too many kid games that want fortnite like graphics. Okay you might get adults that want Horizon and Ratch & Clank...but the rest? 4 other games seem like Horizon ripoffs. The other game is a banjo kazooie ripoff with Ps3 graphics lol.
                        Xbox on the other hand will have the same exact Dashboard as the Xbox One. And every game they make will be available for PC and Xbox One too. So why upgrade? The graphics aren't that much of the leap. And having the same Interface and no console generation exclusives....its basically a mid generation update instead of a new console. This is coming from a Xbox fan boy too lol

Comment

Originally posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
                          this is the issue. Playstation showed way too many kid games that want fortnite like graphics. Okay you might get adults that want Horizon and Ratch & Clank...but the rest? 4 other games seem like Horizon ripoffs. The other game is a banjo kazooie ripoff with Ps3 graphics lol.
                          Xbox on the other hand will have the same exact Dashboard as the Xbox One. And every game they make will be available for PC and Xbox One too. So why upgrade? The graphics aren't that much of the leap. And having the same Interface and no console generation exclusives....its basically a mid generation update instead of a new console. This is coming from a Xbox fan boy too lol
                          You know that the Xbox has better specs, right? If that's a mid gen update, what's the PS5? Lol

The only PS5 spec that's better is its faster SSD. GPU, CPU, RAM all favor Xbox.

If you game on PC, I get the argument of why bother with Xbox. But to get a PC just to rival the specs in the XSX, you're going to pay much more. If you're strictly a console gamer, Xbox has its place alongside PlayStation. I mean even PS are starting to throw their PS4 exclusives on PC. And you can play PS Now on a PC. So what's really exclusive? That "no games" narrative will have to be applied to both companies.

Let the July first-party event happen before declaring what the Xbox can do. That small show last month was all 3rd party and indies. Nothing AAA outside of that AC Valhalla trailer. Most of what the PS5 showed will release on both consoles. Timed exclusive or not.

On the subject of the PS5 show though, watch the trailers on a 4KTV or monitor if you haven't. It makes a big difference. I'll admit that. The games still don't look like this massive leap that Jim Ryan is claiming but they do look good. Plenty detail was lost on that shitty stream.

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
                            Great, the games are even greater.

Spider-Man, Gran Turismo, Rachet and Clank, Little Big Planet, Demon Souls, Horizon 2 and so much more
                            [MENTION=856]L-Booma
                            MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

Originally posted by MrMind View Post
                              [MENTION=856]L-Booma
                              oyes, you? hahaha

Comment

At this point it's just buying the brand for me. Both the ps5 and xbox are so close

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X