Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Gen Xbox Revealed: Xbox Series X (Holiday 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
    So apparently the name is just going to be Xbox. Series X is the model. Meaning there will be Series Y, Series Z or whatever they decide to call different models in the future. Think of it as the X in Xbox One X or Pro in PlayStation 4 Pro.

https://www.businessinsider.com/micr...9-12?r=US&IR=T
    This will confuse alot of parents. Imagine a kid writing down Xbox Series X and the parent going to the store and getting the Xbox One X. I am sure this will happen. Personally, they should have just called it the Xbox 4, or Xbox 5 if you count the one x as another iteration. Keep it the same as Playstation. No need for silly names when you already wasted Xbox Elite and Xbox X on minor updated mid generation consoles.

as for design. I am in the middle with it. Looks like a PC which is good if it was actually meant to be a PC. Most TV stands and entertainment stands will have a hard time fitting this properly. They may have to put it on the floor rather in the drawers or slots of the stand. This reason and the exclusives will make me lean towards Playstation.
    Last edited by MachineGunFunk; 02-27-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
      This will confuse alot of parents. Imagine a kid writing down Xbox Series X and the parent going to the store and getting the Xbox One X. I am sure this will happen. Personally, they should have just called it the Xbox 4, or Xbox 5 if you count the one x as another iteration. Keep it the same as Playstation. No need for silly names when you already wasted Xbox Elite and Xbox X on minor updated mid generation consoles.

as for design. I am in the middle with it. Looks like a PC which is good if it was actually meant to be a PC. Most TV stands and entertainment stands will have a hard time fitting this properly. They may have to put it on the floor rather in the drawers or slots of the stand. This reason and the exclusives will make me lean towards Playstation.
      While I do agree when it comes to the name, that's solved by simply asking for the newest Xbox. The reason I believe they haven't gone with numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) is because PlayStation started 1 generation before Xbox. So if it were Xbox 4 and PlayStation 5 competing against one another, the perception for those that don't know better would be that the Xbox is the older and weaker system. As for the design, at least it's something out of the ordinary VCR design that damn near every console has been. Think Gamecube but slimmer and taller. And if I'm not mistaken, they said that instead of designing the box and having to fit the parts within that design, they got all the power they wanted to put into it and designed the box around the power. Which I think is better. Don't compromise power just to have a pretty box. With exclusives, we'll see what the future holds. The best PS exclusives didn't come until later in the generation although people like to pretend like Sony came out the gate firing. Remember Killzone Shadow Fall & Knack? Lol. Anyway, I will get both systems just as I have since the original Xbox came out. They both have something to offer.

I'm just glad that Microsoft seemed to have learned their lesson from that absolute disaster the 2013 Xbox One reveal was. TV, TV, TV, Kinect, Always Online DRM, controlling who you can lend games to, etc.. Imagine having the significantly weaker system and trying to sell it for $100 more because of a stupid camera nobody wanted. Dude running the show was asked, "What if people want to play offline?" and his answer was something like, "We have a console for that. It's called Xbox 360." Talk about stupid. They basically handed Sony like 75% of their customers day one. The good thing is the leadership from back then has been long gone. Glad to see the turnaround with the Xbox One X, Game Pass, studio acquisitions, Project X Cloud, backwards compatibility, free 4K updates to a bunch of Xbox 360 and original Xbox games as well as current gen games, etc..

Comment

Looks like Digital Foundry got their hands on it...

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X