• Show
Clear All

• Game Of Thrones FINAL SEASON

no one watching the last season?
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

I always watch the entire season when it ends in 1 day with friends. More like a marathon. Drinks, good food and lots of weed..

Comment

I know this was a crucial battle, but the third episode has been just too long and too boring for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
        no one watching the last season?
        Of course. I love the series even tho I wasn't a fan of season 7 and the 3rd episode of the final season. Last episode had a lot of special effects and good moments but I don't like the end of the episode and the so called "plot armor" of most of the main characters - and like I see many people think the same.

Comment

Last episode was dark.

Comment

I enjoyed the latest episode, even the end, which was really epic in my opinion. It was very unexpected, much the more I thought about it the clearer it was ...hint: 3 colored eyes.
            What I didnt like was the lenght ...the battle could be much longer ...showing more character during the battle and more dragon action.
            I didnt have problems with the dark style. It contributed to the vibe and to their hopeless situation ...it's like you were there too.

Comment

No, I've never watched it before.

Comment

The episode was cool, I wish the Night King would have fought more. A bit disappointed how Arya was just able to pass through a whole circle of white walkers (they just allowed her to get to the night king??) and kill the Night King like that. Now Cersei is the final villain, while the white walkers were something we were waiting for since season 1 lol.. and in 1 episode it's all over. It was definitely an epic episode though!

Comment

it's over.
                  so, what do you think about the last episode and the last season in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
                    it's over.
                    so, what do you think about the last episode and the last season in general?
                    Not the ending I anticipated, I didn't see one theory online that Bran the Broken would be King. I'm actually upset that more Starks didn't die lmao

Comment

Game Of Thrones FINAL SEASON

everything was drawn so long and now the sudden end, I would say the last season was the worst, a little disappointed

Comment

*Spoilers*

it was shit. You could clearly see that they literally took the main plot point endings that the writer George R. R. Martin gave them, and they couldn't write the arcs, or couldn't be bothered to because they wanted to hurry the end of the show and move on (something they've been hinting at for a few seasons now).

Spoiler:  
                        They have begun doing that since season 4, but most noticeably since season 6 – thats where arcs started to get condensed into shit and characters suddenly got killed off. most people didn't see what I was saying but they see it now with this new season because they doubled down on doing this for the last season. The Night King and that War got hit the hardest – you dont spend 8 seasons building up this thing that turned out to be the least deadly war of them all.. plus the plot armour they put on all the characters was ridiculous in episode 3. Most of them would've died.

I hardly got any end predictions right. The only thing I predicted was that John and or Danny would die. – I thought Jaime would stay anti hero and kill Cersei, or kill Danny.

I thought Danny might kill John if John didn't have to kill her.

I didn't have a problem with the iron throne being destroyed nd bran being king. The idea behind Danny becoming the tyrant over time was good but executed poorly because D&D are mediocre writers who lost their passion for this universe/show after they got past the Red Wedding and the Mountain/Viper (Book 3) – all their passion fizzled out after that. I mean, you can tell they were so hyped about getting those scenes on screen.

To be fair to them, part of the fault lies with George R. R. Martin for not being able to keep producing the books, but he did the right thing to take his time with the books otherwise they'll come out shit like the show.

The first season is still the best season. although Season 3 and 4 have the very best scenes/deaths. after season 4, they emphasised action/budget scenes like hard home but I'm more a fan of the smaller but more powerful scenes the story had.

[MENTION=15003]MurderRapMovie

do you follow the show?
                        Last edited by Steez; 05-21-2019, 11:55 AM.
                        Running from the police..

No matter what I do..

Comment

the last season was so rushed. it felt like they wanted to end this show as fast as they can.

episode 1 & 2: both episodes were great, exception the Bran and Daenerys situation in episode 1 ...Bran to Daenerys: the Night King killed your Dragon ...no reaction. in episode 4 they killed another Dragon and she's on rampage.
                          episode 3: was a great episode, but only 1 episode? come on!. we waited so long for this, so the battle should be at least 2 episodes long.
                          episode 4: starts 2 days after the battle, why? the episode should take place immediately after the end of the last episode. I wanted to see the reaction, when they find out who killed the Night King. + Jon gives a shit about Ghost?
                          episode 5: was great in terms of directing and the visuals. the fight between The Hound and The Mountain was awesome. what I didnt like was Cersei's death ...she deserved a more brutal and gruesomely death. the float scene was also ridiculous. in episode 4 they fired 3 scorpions and all hit and killed the dragon and in episode 5 they have much more scorpions and no hit, wtf?

episode 6:
                          - Jon is back at the nights watch, hmm. dont know what you think about this punishment. sure, he never wanted the throne, but he was the ONE that united all to fight against the Night King ...without him they all would be dead. on the other hand he gave a shit and joined the wildling, so he is now at the place he loves the most.
                          - Ayra didnt go any further with the prophecy (3 colored eyes), so why they created that storyline? Pointless!
                          - so Bran could see the future as well? he knew millions of people would die and didnt do nothing ...why? to be king? he is the most evil character in the whole show.

few parts of the ending were like in "The Lord Of The Rings 3"

result: I'm not happy with the last season.

Comment

The thing about the pace speeding up being bad is a phallacy. Every story you ever liked since ever has elements of ramp-up in them. That's a trope that's been around since like.... Probably the dawn of man. At the very least, Shakespeare and others like him were well aware of the concept. To think that you would enjoy the final season had it been slower paced, is just wrong. You don't know what you're talking about if you claim that. You're simply failing to see how all the things you think are even-paced are actually ramping before your eyes, you're just not considering that that's what's happening.

They were given rough outlines of how the story would resolve. All the dialogue are on them, however. Considering the show's biggest way of communicating motivations is through the dialogue, I'd say that's probably a more carefully thought out way to put it. And the problem isn't that GoT has shitty screenwriters, it's that story creators like George R.R. Martin and J.R.R. Tolkien are very rare. They're as rare as the fastest running man alive, or the best basketball player alive, or the highest selling rapper of all times. There's only one at any given point, and it's him, and anything below him will appear as.... below him.

If someone actually truly enjoys a good story, they're probably already reading the books anyway, so this doesn't matter and they'll get their "true ending". I never read the books because I didn't care that much for Game of Thrones, however this final season has me considering whether I should do it.

Worst part of the whole season to me is how they did the Night King / White Walkers. What, they were just evil, mindless killing-machines hell-bent on killing all life, except for the Night King who also held the ability to feel good about it and smirk to his enemies? That's what they've been building for eight years? It doesn't make any sense. I thought the coming of winter was what the end game was about. I thought the final episode would be them defeating the Night King, or the Night King taking over the world, or something with the Night King. But apparently, that was just a plot device?
                            Last edited by Preach; 05-21-2019, 02:31 PM.
                            unofficial 2pac scene discord
                            https://discord.gg/P6wN2vGJMe

Comment

Originally posted by Preach View Post
                              The thing about the pace speeding up being bad is a phallacy.
                              I felt the pacing was odd to be honest, but I was watching 1 episode a week... I might give the last season another watch before making my mind up.

Worst part of the whole season to me is how they did the Night King / White Walkers. What, they were just evil, mindless killing-machines hell-bent on killing all life, except for the Night King who also held the ability to feel good about it and smirk to his enemies? That's what they've been building for eight years? It doesn't make any sense.
                              Edit:
                              I've edited my response here because I've been reminded of events in earlier seasons that I forgot about: the Children of the Forest (Elf like creatures) created the White Walkers and trained them to kill humans because 'men' were destroying forests. From my reading, the White Walkers became like a Frankenstein who also began to kill their creators.

I did expect more lore in relation to these events in the final season.

I thought the coming of winter was what the end game was about. I thought the final episode would be them defeating the Night King, or the Night King taking over the world, or something with the Night King. But apparently, that was just a plot device?
                              I actually liked the idea behind this aspect of the season's story: it is Game of Thrones after all (not Night of the Living Dead). I would argue that it gives a metaphorical illustration of how people can be rewarded in politics by ignoring what is best for everybody (ignoring the threat of a Zombie apocalypse allowed Cersei to gather her armies). I believe this happens in the real world.
                              Last edited by Proletarian; 05-22-2019, 06:37 PM.
                              "The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas".

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X