This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderating offensive language

I've been wondering this for a long time cause of this treytyson dude. He's running around dropping N-bombs left right and centre. So is that what 2Pac-forum is?

2Pac-forum, the place where we encourage white people to go around saying "nigga" under the excuse that anybody that listens to rap knows that black people call us "crackers" and "white devils" all the time.

Is that what this is? I mean, why isn't this being moderated? It's a really bad look for anybody that comes on here and wants to join in on the discussions. A lot of Pac's fans worldwide are black.

I mean, you shut down beef in threads because it "ruins discussions" and I know there are policies to not make this seem like an inhospitable place for newcomers, so maybe consider this for a second.

Edit: god damnit, wrong forum. Can someone move this to "Letter to the president"?
    unofficial 2pac scene discord
    https://discord.gg/P6wN2vGJMe

Freedom of speech.

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
    If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
    but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
    -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
    -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Oh my fucking God. I guess freedom of speech makes it perfectly okay for me to say that I want to eat out your mother while I fuck your father. Hey, freedom of speech right? Man, why the fuck do people like you even listen to rap?
      Last edited by Preach; 06-22-2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Preach View Post
        Oh my fucking God. I gues freedom of speech makes it perfectly okay for me to say that I want to eat out your mother while I fuck your father. Hey, freedom of speech right?
        That's perfectly fine bro. That is freedom homie.

If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Except you are wrong about your interpretation of the concept.

Freedom of speech is regulated in a number of ways, and there's a general consensus on which ways it should be regulated. One way that everybody agrees on is that freedom of speech should not be allowed to be used to incite crimes, or for hate speech. A white person calling a black person "nigga" is the definition of hate speech that gave us hate speech laws in the first place.

Comment

Except you are wrong about your interpretation of the concept.

Freedom of speech is regulated in a number of ways, and there's a general consensus on which ways it should be regulated. One way that everybody agrees on is that freedom of speech should not be allowed to be used to incite crimes, or for hate speech. A white person calling a black person "nigga" is the definition of hate speech that gave us hate speech laws in the first place.
            LMAO, that is not freedom of speech bro lol. You are so programmed, it's not even funny.

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Husxle View Post
              LMAO, that is not freedom of speech bro lol. You are so programmed, it's not even funny.
              You don't know what you're talking about, but good try. See, the biggest problem with you is that you need ideas to be condensed to single sentence concepts. Freedom of speech is a lot more complex than something you can just sum into one sentence. At least the freedom of speech that's productive for society. Are you an anarchist?

And regardless of you, because I don't give a shit about you really. You're just one of a few arrogant and undeserving people that represent what I'm talking about. This thread isn't about you.

I am asking the people that run this place whether this is their vision for it. Are we to be allowed to go around saying "nigga" without filter on these boards regardless of who we are? I want an official answer, not your personal opinion, which I don't care much about.
              Last edited by Preach; 06-22-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=2230]Preach

I don't read every thread or every post in threads I do read. There are report post buttons to direct my attention somewhere and then I can handle it.

Comment

"The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas".

Comment

Relax dude, it's the Internet. Get use to it

Though that troll you mentioned warrants himself a ban.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
                    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

This is not about my feelings. This is about the message it sends that this forum would be down with this kind of shit.

To be frank, it's weird that I'm the first person that's reacting. I'm hardly an activist and I despise the premise of the BLM movement, although acknowledge that there is an issue that needs to be discussed, and that there are things that possibly need to be done on a large scale. _Possibly_. That's to say that I'm not just some activist being triggered. This really disturbs my heart and soul in a way that I can perfectly get over if I have to, but I'm just merely asking if that's what the official message is. If the official stance is that yes, anyone can say "nigga" and that's perfectly fine, and we're not adhering to any kind of social or judicial rules here, then fine. I doubt that's the official stance, though, but hey, I could be wrong. We can't post retail stuff here because we gotta support Pac and fuck that leech shit, but we can piss on the things he stood for and that's perfectly fine? I mean, I'm only trying to address this issue because I had this belief that a community was about more than conveniently not taking any responsibility for anything that's going on in it. From here on I will definitely start reporting posts if I see them, I just wanted some clarification.

Are we gonna be a fan community or are we gonna be a closed white men's group on FB?
                      Last edited by Preach; 06-23-2020, 01:19 AM.

Comment

This is not about my feelings. This is about the message it sends that this forum would be down with this kind of shit.

To be frank, it's weird that I'm the first person that's reacting. I'm hardly an activist and I despise the premise of the BLM movement, although acknowledge that there is an issue that needs to be discussed, and that there are things that possibly need to be done on a large scale. _Possibly_. That's to say that I'm not just some activist being triggered. This really disturbs my heart and soul in a way that I can perfectly get over if I have to, but I'm just merely asking if that's what the official message is. If the official stance is that yes, anyone can say "nigga" and that's perfectly fine, and we're not adhering to any kind of social or judicial rules here, then fine. I doubt that's the official stance, though, but hey, I could be wrong. We can't post retail stuff here because we gotta support Pac and fuck that leech shit, but we can piss on the things he stood for and that's perfectly fine? I mean, I'm only trying to address this issue because I had this belief that a community was about more than conveniently not taking any responsibility for anything that's going on in it. From here on I will definitely start reporting posts if I see them, I just wanted some clarification.

Are we gonna be a fan community or are we gonna be a closed white men's group on FB?
                        Quit crying already. Grow a pair.

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

What about all the disgusting things said to Trey? Does he not have feelings? Does he not count? The hypocrisy is REAL.

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

it also a thing of your own point of view, so if you think somebody is writing to another person in bad terms, without any problem btw. those two persons, then this your own mind that assumes a bad term and not from one of those two other persons.
                            so think about, if your own mind assumes such a bad term, then you the only one thinking about that bad term in a particular way. now the question is, who is really the bad guy.

and this is a very very important point, especially in these days and in the world wide web without any emotes or gestures, it is a matter of interpretation all day, every day.

Chapelle hit the nail on the head
                            collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

im not saying its alright to say n word but im saying it aint right they call whites "cracka" "devil" etc. and nobody bets an eye. im not from us but saying things like "black people problems", "what up blackboy" etc. why do they get a pass?

plus we all know that "nixxa" if hip hop fans use it dont use it as "nixxER" meaning not in a derogatory way.
                              Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X