Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJ cVince, DJ Skandelous, what do they use for re-makes? Anyone willing to teach $$ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ cVince, DJ Skandelous, what do they use for re-makes? Anyone willing to teach $$ ?

Title says it all. I'd like to learn how-to reproduce 2pac instrumentals, maybe even make my own

Originally posted by endofdayz View Post
    Title says it all. I'd like to learn how-to reproduce 2pac instrumentals, maybe even make my own
    The program doesn't matter that much. It's all about the VSTs and 3rd party plugins dude. As long as they compatible you are good. There is alot of hardware emulators you can find aswell.

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
    If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
    but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
    -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
    -Tupac Shakur

Comment

I don't know much about these guys bit they might very well be using hardware. I know Cvince has some real quality stuff.

If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Yeah, cVince and Skandelous have replicated Johnny J's beats the best. Honestly surprised there's not some software out there now that will map the beat and re-create it for you, or make something more automated

Comment

Yeah, cVince and Skandelous have replicated Johnny J's beats the best. Honestly surprised there's not some software out there now that will map the beat and re-create it for you, or make something more automated
          If someone already recreated it and put it for download then that is possible. If you are using FL Studio just look up the song title and "FLP" after the title. It is a different file format for every program. I bet these guys are recreating the beats themselves though. Just like [MENTION=16672]kool81 I believe is doing. Maybe he can shine some light.

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Husxle View Post
            If someone already recreated it and put it for download then that is possible. If you are using FL Studio just look up the song title and "FLP" after the title. It is a different file format for every program. I bet these guys are recreating the beats themselves though. Just like [MENTION=16672]kool81 I believe is doing. Maybe he can shine some light.
            Usually what I do, i'll look on "Whosampled" to ID the samples or in some cases i'll ask around if there are samples to a certain song. On the real, it usually helps if I'm very familiar with the song and reeeeeeally like it or if there isnt too much going on in the beat. Now getting to the point of recreation of a beat takes a number of tasks for me and i suspect anyone else who does remakes or beat making in general: Setting the BPM/tempo, making sure that the acapella synchs properly to the BPM/Tempo (if your remaking something with vocals), in the case of Johnny J production i think its best to just sample his Kicks, Snares, and Hi-Hats etc directly from the song you're recreating (if possible). Everything else really depends on how long you have been making beats, how familiar you are with the program you're using, and going through (unless you've memorized this) aaaaall the instruments on your program and pick the ones that sound the most like the ones in the beat you're trying to recreate. I've been making beats for 20+ years and have only used 2 programs (well one of them was a game disc for the Playstation 1 lol) MTV Music Generator and Propellerhead Reason. Why ive only used those 2 is because like i mentioned earlier the longer i worked with those programs i familiarized myself with the instruments on them plus i know how to get the best results out of those 2 programs because i've worked on those 2 for so many years. Lol, im not saying spend 20 years learning a program, but what im getting at is pick one or two, stick with them and learn the "ins & outs" of them to be able to create exactly or damn near close to what youre trying to make. Like [MENTION=15439]Husxle says. It doesnt matter what program you use.
            Last edited by kool81; 12-12-2020, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
              Usually what I do, i'll look on "Whosampled" to ID the samples or in some cases i'll ask around if there are samples to a certain song. On the real, it usually helps if I'm very familiar with the song and reeeeeeally like it or if there isnt too much going on in the beat. Now getting to the point of recreation of a beat takes a number of tasks for me and i suspect anyone else who does remakes or beat making in general: Setting the BPM/tempo, making sure that the acapella synchs properly to the BPM/Tempo (if your remaking something with vocals), in the case of Johnny J production i think its best to just sample his Kicks, Snares, and Hi-Hats etc directly from the song you're recreating (if possible). Everything else really depends on how long you have been making beats, how familiar you are with the program you're using, and going through (unless you've memorized this) aaaaall the instruments on your program and pick the ones that sound the most like the ones in the beat you're trying to recreate. I've been making beats for 20+ years and have only used 2 programs (well one of them was a game disc for the Playstation 1 lol) MTV Music Generator and Propellerhead Reason. Why ive only used those 2 is because like i mentioned earlier the longer i worked with those programs i familiarized myself with the instruments on them plus i know how to get the best results out of those 2 programs because i've worked on those 2 for so many years. Lol, im not saying spend 20 years learning a program, but what im getting at is pick one or two, stick with them and learn the "ins & outs" of them to be able to create exactly or damn near close to what youre trying to make. Like [MENTION=15439]Husxle says. It doesnt matter what program you use.
              You do great work brother. Thanks for the input.

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

There's no add kill in that.

Comment

Im not exactly sure what program does this, but i have seen videos where a person could beatbox into a mic and somehow the program turns that into i think "midi" and you pick your drums sounds that best represents what you're trying to make. Same thing with the melody.

Comment

I haven't used this myself, but I hear FL Studio is pretty "user friendly" and not too expensive.

Comment

I personally use my keyboard and record all the instruments digitally (not midi) via cable to PC. I use cool edit pro for the editing as i find it most user friendly and im old school.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X