Akai MPK49

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akai MPK49

anybody got some experience with that keyboard im thinking to buy one so any reference would be apreciated ^^

You need GearSlutz for reviews

Works perfectly, there's still some things I gotta find out, but It's tight!
    The pads are kind of odd to me. They are mpc 500 pads. The pads on the MPC 2500 kick ass, but I guess I'll have to get used to these ones as well.
    I loved the keys as soon as I tried it on at guitar center one time, they make playing so much easier.
    I liked the keys more than those on the M-audio Axiom.
    As soon as you install the stuff for your program (Reason for me), you got everything functioning right. The transport controls, etc.
    It is bus powered so I don't need to plug it in an outlet, but if you don't want to use a computer, you will need to plug it in, but you'll have to buy your own DC adapter, cause it doesn't come with one.

There is one thing they could have added that is all so usefull: An UNDO button.
    But I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for my laptop, so, no problem.

The tap tempo function, doesn't send a tempo to reason, you gotta enter it manually.

Did I ever get a kick out of it messin' with the knobs and sliders in Malstrom .

Cool Keyboard. Heavy one.
    I had an M-audio Keyrig49 before this and I used to take it and put it in my lap when I would do something on my laptop in bed, but with this one, no way, heavyy.
    I didn't try assigning the pads to any keys yet, but I bet I'll have that figured out in no time.

Well, I think that rounds it up,

Peace!
    Source: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-h...kai-mpk49.html

Comment

well the keyboard is fine only thing that makes me angry are the mpc pads the have put some old mpc pads to it were u need to hit them hard to even get a velocity out of it lol , because ther is 1mm air between the sensor and the rubberpad rofl , now im buying a korg pad controller to play some funky drums lol

Comment

Originally posted by al c4pone View Post
        well the keyboard is fine only thing that makes me angry are the mpc pads the have put some old mpc pads to it were u need to hit them hard to even get a velocity out of it lol , because ther is 1mm air between the sensor and the rubberpad rofl , now im buying a korg pad controller to play some funky drums lol
        I think you can do something about that, there was a video on youtube about someone opening his MPD becase a velocity problems with the pads. You should check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by JackV View Post
          I think you can do something about that, there was a video on youtube about someone opening his MPD becase a velocity problems with the pads. You should check them out.
          yeah i know what u mean i have seen it were they show u how to put some rubbertape or so under the pads but then u might losse some sensivity thats why i go with the korg pad for now it should be more than enough for making some drums , the rest of the keyboard is fine i have played today the basic melody of für elise , lets see how long it take till i can jam the full song on the right tempo

Comment

Lol I was looking on this yesterday (the keyboard), it'd be cool to have a keyboard & drumpad all in one, but since it's only controller and doesn't have sounds inside it, I said fuck it.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
            Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
              Lol I was looking on this yesterday (the keyboard), it'd be cool to have a keyboard & drumpad all in one, but since it's only controller and doesn't have sounds inside it, I said fuck it.
              hehe yeah most modern stuff today is only controller stuff ^^ but anyway u can get samples from everywhere but otherwise i know what u mean , samples from the original machine a lot of time sounds very different from the digital one

Comment

I'd save for a secondhand motif lol

Comment

I'm going to invest in a kurzweil.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X