Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DL NOW] D-Ace & DJ LV Presents - 2pac 'Only The Strong Survive Vol.1' (2012)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe i was in bad mood yesterday, but now i like tape more

reincarnation is really awesome
    Last edited by FeenTech; 09-15-2012, 11:19 AM.
    BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

Street Life - Fresh restyle love it, the beat is definitely dark as FUCK, one thing I feel gets iffy is when the low piano goes up. Doesn't feel interpolated well. 8-9/10
      Letter 2 The Prez - Dont care if it's too looped, it feels like a legit 2Pac song which, though isn't entirely my style, it's definitely worth quite a lot of listens for me. 8/10
      How Long Will They Mourn Me - The beat and the acapella is a perfect combination. A real 90s hit song you can just turn your old fat TV up with that old school remote, in old school MTV. 10/10
      Souljah Like Me - That almost vocal sound is so badass, this will be fucking booming in a car or something, just needs some fat speakers to get it's full lust lol 9/10
      Never Had A Freind Like Me - Listened to this quite a fucking lot, the bass is so emotional in some way, the guitar in the back is so reminiscent, perfectly composed. Perfect pella for it. 10/10
      War Gamez - Though not my entire style, shit sounds so legit, you made the Daz remix much nicer. Dope. 8-9/10
      When I Get Free - Some badass cowboy Clint Eastwood shit with a perfect badass acapella. 10/10.
      Old School - Sounds Battlecattish, real groovy. The vocoder is hot as hell too. The bass is durttyyy 9/10
      Wassup Wit The Love - Took a rather corny song and made it rather solemnly chill, and actually rather emotional too. Acapella is the best I've heard, when 2Pac kicks in you know the song is strong as fuck. 10/10
      Thugz Mansion - You know what I think, best OG vibe in all OG vibes, this is one very great reason why Amaru should take notice of you and D-Ace and entire 2Pac-Forum. 10/10.
      Black Jesus - This needs to be on Makaveli album lol, the beat and everything, it's all PERFECTLY 2Pac. The acapella is great too, another great keeper among many. 9-10
      Reincarnation - Dope, the guitar work is fine as fuck here, worth many listens. 10/10
      UTEOT - Was never too much of a fan of the OG because the retail always outdid it and the JJ remix did it twice as much. But this is amazing chill too, love the arrangement of the vocals and all. Never liked the hook too much 8/10
      Are You Still Down - Beat is fucking artistcally flawless, the blending of Daz and Warren is perfect, the chorus is fine. Perfect remix 10/10
      Cali Love - Became one of the top mixes I've ever heard, you can let ANYONE listen to this song, fan or not, they will fucking love this one. 15/10
      Fame - Love the restyle here, gives a new vibe, though I'd still prefer the retail, this is new to the table and I love it 9/10.
      Pour Out A lil Liqour - Lets hit the eastside of LBC! Fucking bay-area g-funk 90s godness. One of the most legit and dope g-funk mixes I ever heard. The whine that comes before the hook is fucking flawless, those distuingished strings in the hook is orgasmic. 15/10
      Outlaw - Although the acapella is noticably unclear, the beauty is too awesome. The sample is eye-watering, the acapella is perfect. I think I listened to this more than anything on the tape yet! I actaully restrict myself from listening to it so I dont get bored of it later. One of my biggest keepers 10/10

Note that 9/10 means a definite keeper and 8/10 means I still adore the mix but maybe doesn't play well with my style or personal preference.

This mix-tape has a special spot in the hall of fame for the 2Pac scene. New perfect pellas, BEAUTIFULLY mixed, it's a scintilating combination. The most musically eloquent tape I've ever heard, not an overstatement. Like I said I refuse to be pessimistic because I've acknowledged the signigicance if how the tape really stands out among the VERY many. One of the most intricately made, properly devoted mixes compiled together, showing perfectly in how significanly brilliant 2Pac's legacy can be taken from a few devoted fans at home. Props to everyone involved in the tape.

Comment

Finally for my review

01. Street Life. 10 out of 10. A classic mix, with a great instrumental. Its definitely the highlight of this mixtape!! Definitely brought this song back to life. Amazing. NEVER RELEASE THIS PELLA!!

02. Letter To The President. 9 out of 10. Nice mix. Though I think at times the melody is too repetitive. also i think you guys could of added 2pacs verse after edi's verse and before big sykes verse... amazing quality

03. how long will they mourne me. 8.5 out of 10. Again a high quality pella with a great. Love how u used that pac verse. also kept a slight melody from the original version. though for whatever reason cant seem to get into this mix.

04. Souljah Like Me. 9 out of 10. Love this remix. Great job here.... intrumental is great, pella is great though the melody sounds a bit too much at times. I think its a xylophone melody that slightly overdoes it for me. would of loved to hear the pella from souljah's story on this... maybe a part 2 with that pella??

05. Never Had a Friend Like Me. 9 out of 10. Nice Mellow vibe to such a classic pac song. I think the instrumental has the perfect vibe. though i'm still bumpin lil prophets mix of this track. The melody and the drums on the chorus catches my eye. The guitar strings are great

06. War Games. 8 out of 10, Love that nuttso verse and pac sounds amazing on this beat. though pacs last verse is ok. like having pac adlibs which he talks in over his own verse sounds weird... intrumental definitely is akiller!!

07. When I Get Free. 9 out of 10, has that underwater vibe to it at the start :/ really like the production on the instrumentals. seriously some great work there

08. Old School. 9.5 out of 10. Nice modern styled mix. really feeling this to all the old school remixes ive heard out there. The drums definitely have my buffing my head to this. The melody on the chorus is a killer and just a relaxing feel to it!!

09. Wassup With The Love. 10 out of 10. Such a great pella, and the way ur remade that djone mix works perfectly. I wish 2pac's verse was longer on this mix!! a great verse from pac, and that pianno is amazing on this. brings out the lyrics perfectly.

10. Thugz Mansion 9 out of 10. Great addition to the original with Jamal's chorus... i think i left a comment when u guys dropped the single. Jamal definitely has a great voice

11. Black Jesus. 10 out of 10. Love Fatals verse on the original. Amazing pella again. Definitely brought the song back to life again. after the retail and og i was tired of hearing the same vibe!

12. Love the addition you guys did with the extra melody. and nice adjustments to the track the original track was a 10 out of 10 and i fell inlove with it when i first heard it. nice Though cant really rate this cause not really a remix. umm though i think it was great having this on the tape cause u guys have definitely reincarnated 2pac with this tape. brought him back to life

13. Until The End of Time. 7 out of 10. Average mix/remake in my eyes. though listening to this makes me miss him and his words :/ RIP PAC

14. R U Still Down. 7.5/8 out of 10. The way the mix starts then with Daz kicking it set a high expectation to the mix... Though for whatever reason is slowely dropped from there. I think The way you guys used 2pac's pella for his verse could have been done better. Like extend the chorus or something so the pella runs smoothly into 2pac's verse which will get rid of the clash of Jon B's voice

15. Cali Love. 10 out of 10. Perfect remix, flawless victory lol... nah seriously kept that california feel with this mix. The drums and the melody have that west coast feel to it. Love how u guys added the To Live and Die in LA at the start..

16. Fame. 9 out of 10. When I saw this on the tracklist I had such a high expectation because I knew the pella would be great quality. and I think you guys delivered. kept the drums and switched up the melody... though After pac's verse it would of been good to hear the chorus. then have kadafi's verse kick in! love napoleans words... again makes me miss pac. rip to a legend!!

17. Pour Out a little liquor. 10 out of 10. Again great pella and nice change to the track. Damn I miss my ni88a really out of words of praise right now. RIP PAC!!

18. Outlaw. 8 out of 10. The first mix Ive heard of this pella and u guys have done a good job. Though the melody on the chorus doesnt suit go well with the actual chorus.. also something which i cant get my hand on it.

RIP Tupac Shakur. The music industry, Tupacs Family and fans lost one of the greatest artists of all time on September 13th 1996. The actor, rapper, poet and entertainer will be remembered forever. Rest In Peace Tupac Amaru Shakur
        **DOWNLOAD**DJ Moey Presents Tupac The Way It Was (2Pac-Forum Mixtape)
        **DOWNLOAD** Complete Outlawz Discography (All members + incl. Big Syke & Mopreme) - 16.66GB
        **DOWNLOAD** ALL DJ MOEY MIXTAPES <CHECK IT OUT>
        CLICK HERE → TO PURCHASE TUPAC "DON'T CALL ME BITCH T-SHIRT"
        CLICK HERE → FOR MY SOUNDCLOUD PAGE
        CLICK HERE → FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Comment

Originally posted by endofdayz View Post
          [MENTION=423]baba ^^ nothing there...
          Check again.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
            listened to this tape, i think it's kinda overrated, enjoyed street life, black jesus, soulja like me, reincarnation wasn't playable on datpiff, the rest of tape isn't my style
            everybody got his own taste, of course,

but if u say this isnt ur style, then PAC OGS arent ur style too, cause these remixes are CLOSE to og, same style/vibe was kept by lars and ace, much props to them, they did a better job than amaru producers (eminem etc.....)

will give a review later guys

Comment

Originally posted by Big G.O.V. View Post
              but if u say this isnt ur style, then PAC OGS arent ur style too, cause these remixes are CLOSE to og,
              its close, but not on every mix, if it's sounds similar to OG, i like that mix, but there are songs that not sounding close to OG, e.g. Letter 2 the President, for me it's absolutely terrible, can't listen to sample they used in this song, it would be better for "Mama's Just A Lil' Girl", but not for "Letter 2 the President"
              BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

its close, but not on every mix, if it's sounds similar to OG, i like that mix, but there are songs that not sounding close to OG, e.g. Letter 2 the President, for me it's absolutely terrible, can't listen to sample they used in this song, it would be better for "Mama's Just A Lil' Girl", but not for "Letter 2 the President"
                yea i was just saying, if thats what u think its cool man, honest opinion is better than a lie

i like that tape tho

Comment

[DL NOW] D-Ace &amp; DJ LV Presents - 2pac 'Only The Strong Survive Vol.1' (2012)

Letter 2 the President, for me it's absolutely terrible, can't listen to sample they used in this song,
                  omg snoop Dogg don't start that blasphemy up in here!! One of my favourite tracks on the tape
                  **DOWNLOAD**DJ Moey Presents Tupac The Way It Was (2Pac-Forum Mixtape)
                  **DOWNLOAD** Complete Outlawz Discography (All members + incl. Big Syke & Mopreme) - 16.66GB
                  **DOWNLOAD** ALL DJ MOEY MIXTAPES <CHECK IT OUT>
                  CLICK HERE → TO PURCHASE TUPAC "DON'T CALL ME BITCH T-SHIRT"
                  CLICK HERE → FOR MY SOUNDCLOUD PAGE
                  CLICK HERE → FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Comment

Here are my 2 cents on the mixtape.

01. Street Life - Dope beat and clear acapella, I really like the snare and the piano. 8.5/10
                    02. Letter 2 the President - Love the Jezebel sample, I would've mixed another pella but this also fits well. 8/10
                    03. How Long Will They Mourn Me - Some chilling stuff, it gives a different vibe to this acapella. Not sure if Nate Dogg's chorus is fully on-key, but it doesn't ruin the song. 9/10
                    04. Souljah Like Me - The sample is very familiar, good to hear this acapella remixed, best version I've ever heard. 9.5/10
                    05. Never Had a Friend Like Me - Isley Bros Sample? Acapella fits well, it won't be my fav though. 7.5/10
                    06. War Gamez - Gangsta shit, not a fan of War Gamez unfortunately. 7/10
                    07. When I Get Free - I like how the song builds up in the intro, very nice in overall. 8.5/10
                    08. Old School – Great G-Funk vibe, I love the chorus, haven't heard this kind of OS remixes yet. 9/10
                    09. Wassup with the Love - wow I haven't heard this song for years, that piano is beautiful, dope remix. 9/10
                    10. Thugz Mansion - A proper OG Vibe, nice work. I don't prefer the OG over some remixes though. 7.5/10
                    11. Black Jesuz - Same as the above. 7/10
                    12. Reincarnation - Finally a version of this song I really like, the sample in the beginning is a great addition. 9/10
                    13. UTEOT - Very nice, too bad I've already bumped the shit out of the original, still a gem. 7.5/10
                    14. Are You Still Down? - First remix of this song I like (and that sounds properly), all the verses are dope, chorus fits well too. 9.5/10
                    15. California Love - I like the beat better than the original's, I just got tired of the vocals. 7/10
                    16. Fame - Dopeness! That sad piano really fits with the acapella, tbh I like it better than the OG. 10/10
                    17. Pour Out A Little Liquor - Glad to hear a beat with Summer Madness, one of my favs, but honestly I miss the original synth out of it, that's what flies me away when I'm high. Other than that, great remix. 8.5/10
                    18. Outlaw - Dope beat, but somehow I don't like this remix, sorry. 6/10

Overall it's a very nice mixtape, one of the best in years, it was worth waiting. My fav songs are Letter 2 the Prez, How Long Will They Mourn Me, Fame and Are You Still Down. Nice to hear some previously unmixed pellas, keep up the good work [MENTION=856]LarsVerb & [MENTION=842]D-Ace ! Also big respect to [MENTION=2343]ThuG4LifE for this great cover, he never lets us down.
                    Last edited by Lil' Prophet; 09-15-2012, 07:48 PM.
                    www.youtube.com/user/LilProphetMusic
                    www.reverbnation.com/LilProphetMusic
                    www.facebook.com/LilProphet
                    www.twitter.com/LilProphetMusic

Comment

[MENTION=856]LarsVerb [MENTION=842]D-Ace

1. Street Life - Great opener, the beat is too dope and the pella is flawless. Love the vibe of the whole track. It has a sort of spaghetti western piano to it, reminds me of Ennio Morricone's scores.

2. Letter 2 The President - Beat comes off a bit loopy but still, this shit is dope. Everyone flows well on the beat, especially Syke. Didn't think the Sade sample could go good with the vocals but it does.

3. How Long Will They Mourn Me - Gotta be in my top 5 of Pac OG vibes for real.. The song is beautiful, plain and simple. Might listen to this more than the original. Great work here.

4. Souljah Like Me - This beat comes off a bit loopy as well but still great nevertheless. I can finally listen to the vocals play out on a great beat.

5. Never Had A Friend Like Me - Love the Minnie sample, timeless song. Def reminds me of the original, not as great but still dope. Will be listening to this for a long time.

6. War Gamez - Cvince had the top remix to me until I heard this one. Classic west coast sound that I grew up on. I ain't going to lie, this sounds like an OG haha. Great work, LV and D-Ace!

7. When I Get Free - Way better than the OG to me. The OG beat is just too boring to me. The guitar is crazy and the vocals are clear as hell.

8. Old School - Loving the original hook and classic west coast sound. The pella just needs a east-coast sound to go with the lyrical content, you know? He's speaking on N.Y. life but that's just me. Still love the track though.

9. Wassup With The Love - Deep track, glad you made the decision to switch the previous version's beat to this one. This one is beautiful.

10. Thugz Mansion - Hate the OG version beat of this song but this mix just shows that with the right touch, you can turn crap into gold haha Love the original hook, goes great with the lyrics. Hope to hear more OG vibes like this from you guys.

11. Black Jesus - Another mix that's better than the OG imo. All the layers added are great, love the U Can Be Touched vibe in the background. Nothing but pure quality here.

12. Reincarnation - My favorite mix on the tape. This sounds like it has finally been completed for real. Thanks for this guys!

13. Until The End Of Time - Dope OG vibe right here, glad you kept the OG chorus for this one. This one sounds like an completed OG as well.

14. R U Still Down - The beat is crazy, the guests go great with Pac but just wished you could of added Pac's second verse as well. He's got 8 bars and adlibs.

15. California Dreamin' - Said it before, the OG is untouchable and my favorite song ever but this mix is still dope as fuck. The beat is just amazing.

16. Fame - Not as good as the remix on Better Dayz but still great. Love that you guys used the same drums. This is just amazing work all around.

17. Pour Out A Lil Liquor - This mix is amazing. I've always loved Summer Madness and it was sampled very good here. This just has a Cali summer all over it.

18. Outlaw - Another rare pella from you guys. Great closer for the tape! You just know it's going to be pure dopeness when it comes on. Pac and Outlawz flow so well over the beat.

This tape is just amazing, best Pac mixtape ever released. The creativity and hard work def payed off and it's got me wanting Vol. 2 now! You guys def have some great chemistry when it comes to mixing. Great job here, guys.

Favorite Songs:
                      1. Reincarnation
                      2. Pour Out A Lil Liquor
                      3. How Long Will They Mourn Me
                      4. Thugz Mansion
                      5. Black Jesus

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
                      http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

Am I the only one that likes the Outlaw remix??? I think its dope as fuck!

Are You Still Down - man, I was hoping this was going to be something I could play for my girlfriend. Unfortunately Daz's lyrics in the first verse ruin it talking only about his dick balls and fuckin pussy, this was supposed to be a love song not a "me my dick and fuckin some pussy". Maybe I'll cut some verses out for my own mix of it.

Comment

I can say i like a few tracks on the tape but wasn't impressed by alot of them but great effort fellas thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by endofdayz View Post
                            Am I the only one that likes the Outlaw remix??? I think its dope as fuck!

Are You Still Down - man, I was hoping this was going to be something I could play for my girlfriend. Unfortunately Daz's lyrics in the first verse ruin it talking only about his dick balls and fuckin pussy, this was supposed to be a love song not a "me my dick and fuckin some pussy". Maybe I'll cut some verses out for my own mix of it.
                            Yea personally Outlaw is my fav remix of the tape aswell

Thanks for all the reviews, comments etc guys!

Comment

Thanks 4 the MixTape,An since is Vol.1 I hope there's Many more to come.Keep doing ur thing an keep 2Pac Alive.

Comment

Thanks a lot for a few of the songs early! Dope mixtape all around! Good work guys!!!
                                "Being in Marin City was like a small town so it taught me to be more straight forward with my style. Instead of of being so metaphorical with the rhyme where i might say something like...
                                I'm the hysterical, lyrical miracle
                                I'm the hypothetical, incredible....
                                I was encouraged to go straight at it and hit it dead on and not waste time trying to cover things..." - 2Pac

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X