Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[DL NOW] D-Ace & DJ LV Presents - 2pac 'Only The Strong Survive Vol.1' (2012)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=10086]61824 wants you to do a mixtape with his suggestions? lol
    MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

generally the whole tape is good, but atm i just can't stop to listen:

Reincarnation - sounds so Original (even better than Original one) it's just so fucking DOPE! <3

and

Letter 2 The President - fucking epic beat i love it alot, just epic remix!

P.S.
      Good Job at all, and keep it up!
      When thugs cry
      We don't shed tears we shed blood
      Do you still wanna be a thug?
      (And all our enemies die)
      When thugs cry!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMind View Post
        [MENTION=10086]61824 wants you to do a mixtape with his suggestions? lol
        I'm handing out inspiration, come get some
        I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
        Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

really dope mixtape, keep doing ur thing guys, because your doing great

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

Thanks for this , cali luv is the best on the tape for me. I don't listen to the original cali luv willingly so its good to have a version i can put on repeat.

I like soulja like me and outlaw, also old school is a fun mix.

Good job

Comment

Finally the error in the datpiff download is fixed. So datpiff is working again.

Thanks for all the feedbacks guys! would love to see some more full reviews .

Comment

Checking it out now. These are some funky beats.
                Death Row Records Samples List

Comment

Just downloaded earlier today and gave it a listen, how long will they mourn me = epic man you guys did excellent job, love the beats on most of the stuff on here!
                  Love.

Comment

1. Street Life - 3.5/5 - I like what you did with the beat. It's a cool new vibe to it. The synth sound that kicks in the chorus is my favorite element.

2. Letter 2 The President - 2.5/5 - Same drums from the OG. Never been too crazy about this sample.

3. How Long Will They Mourn Me - 3.5/5 - Really nice vibe on this one. Good sample choice.

4. Souljah Like Me - 3/5 - This one's just okay to me. Better job than Eminem did.

5. Never Had A Friend Like Me - 2.5/5 - Drums and bassline are nice. Kinda slow and don't really prefer the sample.

6. War Gamez - 4/5 - You took the Daz remix which I already liked and added some dope elements to it.

7. When I Get Free - 5/5 - This is a great remix. The vibe is just awesome and I can't get enough of that funky guitar throughout the song. I can't stop humming it in my head as it's playing.

8. Old School - 10/5 - OMG, this is just as dope as it gets. Perfect remix. This is my kind of music. Beat is a thing of beauty. Vocoder on the chorus is awesome. NEED MORE REMIXES LIKE THIS PLEASE.

9. Wassup With The Love - 2.5/5 - I like the piano, but not really my kind of beat.

10. Thugz Mansion - 2/5 - Great job remaking the beat, but I think the OG beat is horrible so how else am I supposed to feel about it lol.

11. Black Jesus - 3/5 - Kinda cool hearing a little bit different vibe on this, but just okay to me

12. Reincarnation - 3/5 - I think I like the OG more, but it's still cool.

13. Until The End Of Time - 3.5/5 - Again, great job remaking the beat. I love that snare. Relaxing song.

14. Are You Still Down - 2/5 - Not really liking the beat. I think it could've been a lot better if a few things were different. Don't like those first 2 verses on there for some reason.

15. California Love - 4/5 - Beat's dope. I like it better than than the OG and remix versions.

16. Fame - 2/5 - I was really left wanting more from this. It's obviously similar to the OG, but it just doesn't do it for me. Not liking the piano.

17. Pour Out A Little Liquor - 4/5 - I like it. Good job on taking a sample that I liked but didn't love and making it nice with the elements you added. Great snare.

18. Outlaw - 1.5/5 - I just don't like this sample at all.

I have a high standard for my music so that's how I rated this. I have a pretty different taste in rap music than most people have. I prefer music that sounds more like Old School so you know what I'm talking about. Overall, this is EXTREMELY professional sounding and you guys did an amazing job on this tape. Very impressed with the quality of it. Obviously, y'all know what you're doing when it comes to making beats, even if I don't necessarily prefer them or not. You guys should get a shot at handling 2Pac's official releases lol. I look forward to you next tape and any other work you may put out.

And...thanks for all the effort that was put in making this!

Comment

Baba's review of Only the Strong Survive [MENTION=856]LarsVerb [MENTION=842]D-Ace

street life-the intro is brilliant! I love the dark eery piano and the fact it builds up to start the song. Love when the beat slows down when he starts his verse, makes me feel like its his revenge, redemption...beat and vocals match perfectly! 9/10

letter 2 the president- i love the sample but feel like it is too repetitive(loopy), the verses feel like they dont match, especially syke and outlawz part- 7/10

how long will they mourn me- Nice chill out vibe. Great how you worked the beat around nates vocals, as alot of dj's mess up when it comes to singing choruses. This song makes me feel nostalgic, takes me back to late 80's when i was a kid and life was sweeeet..great reminiscing song! 8/10

soulja like me- I swear this song could be on an official album. Matching of beat and vocals is perfect, this song is flawless 10/10

never had a friend like me- captures the raw emotion of the original song. Net dj's and wack tupac album producers past and present... take note this is how you do a fuckin remix! Its so melodic and truly beautiful...this song makes me miss tupac...real emotion.10/10

war gamez- dont care for it 5/10

when i get free- awesome beat, guitar is some gangsta ass shit!! Reminds me of ballad of a dead soulja but more dark, this song keeps playing in my head 10/10

old school- made a new york hiphop classic into a west coast gem! Really chill and funky at the same time 10/10

wassup with the love-not my favourite, only like tupacs part 6/10

thugz mansion- this should be on a future tupac album...this is how the completed song should sound....truly amazing 10/10

black jesus- Best of the og and retail on this one! WOW, again real raw emotion...i love this version. All the small details like the breaks, the guitar the u can be touched beat, drums..this is truly the best of the whole mixtape....beat compliments tupacs vocals, one of his best songs just done justice! 10/10

reincarnation-what a way to follow up, best version of this song so far...this is what i will be bumping from now on, 10/10

uteot-prefer the og and jj remix 7/10

still down- not a fan of this 5/10

california love- great up tempo beat, badass 8/10

fame- at first not a fan of this, its growing on me 8/10

pour out a little liquor- big fan of the sample, nice job 10/10

outlaw- dont care for it 5/10

Overall one of the best mixtapes i have EVER heard. Favourite songs in order..

Black Jesus
                      Never had a friend like me
                      reincarnation
                      when i get free
                      pour out a little liquor
                      Last edited by baba; 09-15-2012, 02:46 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=423]baba ^^ nothing there...

Comment

[MENTION=423]baba [MENTION=2664]whatUP

Thanks for the big reviews!

Comment

listened to this tape, i think it's kinda overrated, enjoyed street life, black jesus, soulja like me, reincarnation wasn't playable on datpiff, the rest of tape isn't my style
                            BRAND NEW MIXTAPE "WELCOME 2 AFTERMATH" ALREADY ON DATPIFF CHECK IT OUT DOPE REMIXES FEAT. DR. DRE KING TEE ICE CUBE NUTT-SO DANNY BOY THA DOGG POUND K-CI & JOJO BIG SYKE SPICE 1 OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
                              listened to this tape, i think it's kinda overrated, enjoyed street life, black jesus, soulja like me, reincarnation wasn't playable on datpiff, the rest of tape isn't my style
                              Sir c'mon, if something is not your style it doesn't mean it's overrated. There is a lot of hard work put in the tape, even d-ace father played guitar for us. It's creative and beautiful. Album sounds like 2pac album and that is the most important. I respect your opinion but i have to disagree with the overrated statement. Much Love, no offense homie
                              Bryan Anonim
                              Mix & Mastering bryanonim@wp.pl

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
                                Without hurting your entitlement to an opinion;
                                1. How could one say something is overrated if it's not his style.
                                2. Claiming a tape that finally brought new mixes to the table after years of the same old acapellas, claiming that it's overrated is fairly agitating.

Just wanted to say that, you may not like the style of the beats and etc, but I think some people need to stop being too pessimistic here

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X