Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street Fame (Wizzattz aka Kool81 OG Vibe/Enhancement)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fame (Wizzattz aka Kool81 OG Vibe/Enhancement)

Shout out to [MENTION=3207]MakaveliWho2 for the donation and for the ok to let this version I'm working on public.

Aaaaaaah Street Fame... (Part 2 OG. Not the Thug Life version and DEFINITELY NOT THAT BRISS MIX ON THE RETAIL ALBUM)

The first time I heard this song (The mix from the bootlegs) I used to think it was ok, but mix just sounded like it was all over the place to me and I was like "GODDAMN WHY DOES THIS F'N FIFE FLUTE HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH THE WHOLE SONG" (lol more about the flute a lil later)

Years later a bunch of "Final/Later Mixdowns" started coming out and "Street Fame" was one of 'em to be released... Ok this was/is my problem with a lot of these versions, but I'm gonna stay on topic about "Street Fame".

Now the mix of 2Pac's vocals were a whole lot better, but of course when it comes to "2Pac OGz" there's always some "catch 22" ugh. I know just a moment ago I complained about the "Fife flute" right lol Well this mix made me feel exactly like what the hook on Janet Jackson's song "Got Til It's Gone" which samples "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell... (Deep Breath) "Don't it always seem to go / that you DON'T know what you got til it's GONE"... There is nothing more "true" than that statement. I was like "WTF??!!! WHERE'S THE FLUTE AT????!!"

With the flute completely GONE I don't know if I was just so used to hearing it or I'd come to realize how "essential" it really was to this song and how empty it sounds without it. Looking back now I think I don't hate the lil flute lol. I just thought GOOD GOD it goes ON and ON and ON, but damn... Now that it's gone I really miss tha lil thing...

Come back lil Fife Flute...

I know that ain't happening... At least not "officially"...
    I was never gonna touch this song, but since Makaveliwho2 asked if I could do a mix for it...

Heres a draft welcoming back the lil' flute
    (Only on tha intro and hooks tho... You are missed, but you don't need to wear out your welcome like long ago lmao)

Last edited by kool81; 06-01-2022, 12:15 AM.

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
    Shout out to @<a href="http://www.2pac-forum.com/member.php?u=3207" target="_blank">MakaveliWho2</a> for the donation and for the ok to let this version I'm working on public.

Aaaaaaah Street Fame... (Part 2 OG. Not the Thug Life version and DEFINITELY NOT THAT BRISS MIX ON THE RETAIL ALBUM)

The first time I heard this song (The mix from the bootlegs) I used to think it was ok, but mix just sounded like it was all over the place to me and I was like "GODDAMN WHY DOES THIS F'N FIFE FLUTE HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH THE WHOLE SONG" (lol more about the flute a lil later)

Years later a bunch of "Final/Later Mixdowns" started coming out and "Street Fame" was one of 'em to be released... Ok this was/is my problem with a lot of these versions, but I'm gonna stay on topic about "Street Fame".

Now the mix of 2Pac's vocals were a whole lot better, but of course when it comes to "2Pac OGz" there's always some "catch 22" ugh. I know just a moment ago I complained about the "Fife flute" right lol Well this mix made me feel exactly like what the hook on Janet Jackson's song "Got Til It's Gone" which samples "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell... (Deep Breath) "Don't it always seem to go / that you DON'T know what you got til it's GONE"... There is nothing more "true" than that statement. I was like "WTF??!!! WHERE'S THE FLUTE AT????!!"

With the flute completely GONE I don't know if I was just so used to hearing it or I'd come to realize how "essential" it really was to this song and how empty it sounds without it. Looking back now I think I don't hate the lil flute lol. I just thought GOOD GOD it goes ON and ON and ON, but damn... Now that it's gone I really miss tha lil thing...

I was never gonna touch this song, but since Makaveliwho2 asked if I could do a mix for it...

(Only on tha intro and hooks tho... You are missed, but you don't need to wear out your welcome like long ago lmao)

https://mega.nz/file/wvxDgKKL#5SF-Fx...5CdaBEeFlm5zVw
    DOOPPPPEEEEEE! But c'mon man, make them kicks hit harder plz!

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
    If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
    but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
    -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
    -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Shout out to @<a href="http://www.2pac-forum.com/member.php?u=3207" target="_blank">MakaveliWho2</a> for the donation and for the ok to let this version I'm working on public.

I use Cymatics Diablo.

The main purpose of DIABLO Lite is to enhance your drums and 808’s so they hit harder and cut through your mix.  

If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Major propers man. Heard it 3 times already haha.

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Shout out to [MENTION=3207]MakaveliWho2 for the donation and for the ok to let this version I'm working on public.

Clear ur messages, ur inbox is full homie.

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Husxle View Post
            DOOPPPPEEEEEE! But c'mon man, make them kicks hit harder plz!
            It's actually the real drumloop of the OG. I didn't recreate it. Also I just cleared out 3 old messages, so u should be able to inbox me.

Comment

Song

Instrumental

Comment

Intro sounded very hot, but the gangsta vibe gets lost after 45 secs. Sounds a bit funny too lol, especially that flute solo around 4:22
                No offence

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                  Intro sounded very hot, but the gangsta vibe gets lost after 45 secs. Sounds a bit funny too lol, especially that flute solo around 4:22
                  No offence
                  Non taken lol. It ain't for everybody

Comment

the OG you posted his lyrics dont sound to overdriven and fragmented like in your mix.
                    the intro is really impressive, the smooth creeping piano in the background all along fitting very good (0:44 to 1:04), but the very present flute knocking annoying around.
                    the freeplaying piano from 2:56 to 3:27 would just fit after your break near the end, but not along his rhyme , but hey im only can give you my personal opinion and i dont want to belittle your great work, talent and creativity
                    Last edited by blacpain; 06-03-2022, 04:06 PM.
                    collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
                      the OG you posted his lyrics dont sound to overdriven and fragmented like in your mix.
                      the intro is really impressive, the smooth creeping piano in the background all along fitting very good (0:44 to 1:04), but the very present flute knocking annoying around.
                      the freeplaying piano from 2:56 to 3:27 would just fit after your break near the end, but not along his rhyme , but hey im only can give you my personal opinion and i dont want to belittle your great work, talent and creativity
                      It's no problem bro. If I was on the other side of it as a listener to a new mix I'm sure I would probably have the same issues, but since I made it I'm biased lol. I know sometimes new mixes and arrangements can cause mixed feelings between each listener when something they're familiar with is no longer familiar/has a sound one is used to.

Comment

Had to erase my accidental double response lol
                        Last edited by kool81; 06-03-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

instrumental link?

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X