OG Vibe Bomb First / Uptown Anthem NbN in Johnny J way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG Vibe Bomb First / Uptown Anthem NbN in Johnny J way

If anyone has done this already, I'll stop what I'm doing lol. I remember reading in either the XXL Mag or The Source that this song interpolated "Uptown Anthem" by Naughty By Nature. I figured after checking what Naughty sampled (interpolated rather) that I tried to rebuild Bomb 1st. Since I'm "directly" sampling the Fred Wesley & The J.B.'s "More Peas" song, I thought I'd do it in Johnny J-ish fashion.
    It's in the rough draft stage right now. I have an acapella that I'm working with, but for now here is a short demo of the instrumental draft.

Bomb 1st (Johnny J Style Instrumental Draft)

(Lmao no "strings" or "bubble" sounds yet)
    Last edited by kool81; 07-14-2020, 03:25 PM.

did you also checked the rough mix of U.A. ?
    collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
      did you also checked the rough mix of U.A. ?
      What is U.A.?

Comment

Originally posted by kool81 View Post
        What is U.A.?
        Uptown Anthem.

Comment

If anyone has done this already, I'll stop what I'm doing lol. I remember reading in either the XXL Mag or The Source that this song interpolated "Uptown Anthem" by Naughty By Nature. I figured after checking what Naughty sampled (interpolated rather) that I tried to rebuild Bomb 1st. Since I'm "directly" sampling the Fred Wesley & The J.B.'s "More Peas" song, I thought I'd do it in Johnny J-ish fashion.
          It's in the rough draft stage right now. I have an acapella that I'm working with, but for now here is a short demo of the instrumental draft.

Bomb 1st (Johnny J Style Instrumental Draft)

(Lmao no "strings" or "bubble" sounds yet)
          Nice bro. Maybe you should sample the actual bassline cause now it kinda sounds off

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2thastreetz View Post
            Uptown Anthem.
            Lol, oh yeah... (I don't know why couldn't think of that after literally writing that earlier in my description.) I have UA in the session too (muted), but I wanted to try out the Fred Wesley sample first.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
              Nice bro. Maybe you should sample the actual bassline cause now it kinda sounds off
              Well being that I'm sampling the Fred Wesley version, since it was played by a real bassist without any type of sequencer or DAW back then, the time measure is gonna sound more human. (not "exactly" on the bar/grid to where it is "imperfect")

Comment

Nice work and idea!

Comment

Lol, oh yeah... (I don't know why couldn't think of that after literally writing that earlier in my description.) I have UA in the session too (muted), but I wanted to try out the Fred Wesley sample first.
                  No no, I mean the sound itself is different, not the timing

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                    No no, I mean the sound itself is different, not the timing
                    Actually I noticed that the last note in the sample is in a lower key than the one that was replayed on Bomb 1st. On top of that I even added a bass line in a lower octave of the notes that are being played by the sample
                    Last edited by kool81; 07-15-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Actually I noticed that the last note in the sample is in a lower key than the one that was replayed on Bomb 1st. On top of that I even added a bass line in a lower octave of the notes that are being played by the sample
                      Ah, that's what is bugging me then lol

Comment

I think I have a lot of the instruments to be able to make a decent remake of the actual instrumental rather than doing this one here. Maybe after making this one I'll try to remake the real one

Comment

Question? Is there a way to retitle a thread or is it stuck the way it was titled? Reason I'm asking, I'm more than likely going to be doing an OG Vibe of the original instrumental and the "Johnny J Style" version. I really don't wanna make 2 separate threads. One of the other reasons, the instrumental remake is coming out to be so dope that it is damn near close to the original version lol. This type of thing doesn't happen that often recreating instrumentals that don't have samples to help catch the original vibe.
                          Last edited by kool81; 07-16-2020, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Question? Is there a way to retitle a thread or is it stuck the way it was titled? Reason I'm asking, I'm more than likely going to be doing an OG Vibe of the original instrumental and the "Johnny J Style" version. I really don't wanna make 2 separate threads. One of the other reasons, the instrumental remake is coming out to be so dope that it is damn near close to the original version lol. This type of thing doesn't happen that often recreating instrumentals that don't have samples to help catch the original vibe.
                            mods can change it

Hello, this is Tupac, the person that you are trying to destroy with this bullshit you writing.
                            First of all, I have no problem with handicap people. Before you print some shit like this, you should check with me. Asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeEmAll View Post
                              mods can change it
                              Ah... I've never tried to reach out to "The Mods" before lol. That title sounds like I gotta link up wit'em at a pool hall lmao
                              Wizzattz: "You got the thread unlock"
                              The Mods: "Yeah, u got the track"?
                              Lol
                              Last edited by kool81; 07-17-2020, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X