Close Up With Xbox One: Every Photo You Could Ever Want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Up With Xbox One: Every Photo You Could Ever Want

A new connector for voice chat and other accessories can power a 5.1 headset without amplifiers.

The ABXY buttons are slightly lower and spaced more tightly, with the Menu and View buttons (no more Start and Select) moved out of the way to avoid accidental presses.

The controller still takes AA batteries, but the humplike compartment is gone. So are the screwholes.

New "impulse triggers" feature haptic feedback, and the shoulder buttons are nearly continuous for easier transition from trigger to bumper.

The new Kinect sensor: like a tiny robot winking at you. We told Microsoft they should use that as a slogan; we're still waiting to hear back on that.

The side panels of the Kinect echo the venting panel on top of the Xbox One console, and the multi-mic array is separated from the main body, making the sensor appear to levitate.

Top view of the Kinect sensor. Yup, more venting references. Note the branding: just XBOX, no model name.

The Xbox One console, front view.

From the top, the 50-50 split (glossy solid panel/matte vented panel) is clearly visible.

Close-up view of the optical drive.

Connections galore: power input, HDMI In and Out ports surrounding the Kinect connection jack, two more USB 3.0 ports, an optical in for audio, and an Ethernet jack.

The side closer to the optical drive, with a USB 3.0 jack.

The console's other side, where the 50-50 split is repeated.

The triplets.

Looks super futuristic
    I ain't choosing sides
    Hell nah,fuck everybody
    It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
    Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
    Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
    I'm bullet proof
    Blazed up on top of my man's roof
    Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
    Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
    It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
    Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

think im in love

Comment

Can someone confirm does this console have to be online 24/7 through Internet!?

If so I won't be buying it due to electric costs.
        Letz be friendz

Comment

Originally posted by 122 View Post

That'd be an awful idea. I know Sony confirmed for ps4 that it would not require that as not everyone in the world has Internet like America does. Wise decision.

If Xbox has this must be online feature then they're retards lol

EDIT
          [MENTION=6317]122

This other thread says it will not require 24/7 online

Last edited by MCNewYork71; 05-22-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

electric costs wtf? lol

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
              electric costs wtf? lol
              He's saying if you have to have the system turned on 24/7 due to it being required to be online all day and night. Then fuck buying that as electric bills would skyrocket.

These next gen systems (well current ps4 & 360) use a lot of power to run. The wii was the lowest power consumer. I believe 360 was the most. But if a system is on non stop it'll be really expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                He's saying if you have to have the system turned on 24/7 due to it being required to be online all day and night. Then fuck buying that as electric bills would skyrocket.

These next gen systems (well current ps4 & 360) use a lot of power to run. The wii was the lowest power consumer. I believe 360 was the most. But if a system is on non stop it'll be really expensive.
                seriously why should a console be online 24/7? Ofcourse it dont need to be online when not playing, ony when the system is on.

Comment

Then u need to re read- I remember reading a few months ok that was reported the system would need to be on 24/7 even when not playing..... So even on stand by wastes electric. This was for system updates etc

If it doesn't hve tht as a need I will buy it
                  Letz be friendz

Comment

Then u need to re read- I remember reading a few months ok that was reported the system would need to be on 24/7 even when not playing..... So even on stand by wastes electric. This was for system updates etc

If it doesn't hve tht as a need I will buy it
                    always online when playing games. Ofcourse the console dont need to be on 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac7 View Post
                      think im in love
                      I might buy one just to make love to it lol

Comment

But that's what they reported Xbox 720 a few months ago that it would have to be on 24/7.... That's why I asked if its changed
                        Letz be friendz

Comment

looks ok
                          My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                          Vinyls: 60
                          Cassettes: 110
                          CDs: 216

Comment

[MENTION=856]L-Booma what [MENTION=6317]122 said, a while back both ps4 and Xbox 1 were rumored to be 24/7 online which is stupid. Glad it's not true. I couldn't source anything for the info but I remember it too. I agree Lars it's stupid as hell. But like 122 said these systems pull power to be on standby. Not much but still. I mean hell everything does, TVs, computers, phone chargers, all that shit uses energy even if its not on or connected to a phone.

Comment

But that's what they reported Xbox 720 a few months ago that it would have to be on 24/7.... That's why I asked if its changed
                              You will not have to be connected to the internet to play games HOWEVER you will have to log onto xbox live at least once every 24 hours in order to play games....so it's pretty much the same shit!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X