Classic PlayStation 1 Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic PlayStation 1 Games?

I'm about to compile some PS1 roms for my PS Classic Mini. I need you guys suggestions because I don't want to miss out on a good or memorable game. I'd like to try games that I didn't own or play much but heard of. But also want to know about games that in your opinion were good, or you and your friends liked it alot, but maybe it didn't make any 'greatest of all time' playstation game lists. For example, me and my mates played Hogs of War, was a laugh. I'm sure theres a number of cult games or good games (even if subjective) that maybe are underrated or didn't get mentioned as much as the very classics did. So, can you give me some games I should download for PS1 Classic mini please? – you'll notice sports games are absent, I never cared for sports games at that age.

only great games I know is what I had when it was out:

Time Crisis
    Metal Gear Solid
    Resident Evil 1/2/3
    Tekken 1/2/3
    Tombraider 1/2/3

maybe not Classics but I loved them:

Command & Conquer
    Hogs of War
    Mission: Impossible
    Alien Trilogy
    Die Hard Trilogy
    Chase The Express
    Star Wars - Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles

Games I played but didn't own:

Syphon Filter
    Silent Hill
    Oddworld: Abes Odyssey (series)
    Wu-Tang: Taste The Pain
    Dino Crisis
    Grand Theft Auto
    Crash Bandicoot
    Fear Effect (Wow, this game still looks good for its time today.)

Games didn't own or play:

Final Fantasy (series)
    Tenchu
    Castlevania
    Vagrant Story
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    Spyro
    Parasite Eve

In Cold Blood
    Bloody Roar
    Last edited by Steez; 07-20-2020, 07:20 PM.
    Running from the police..

No matter what I do..

You already mentioned some of the best
    Grand theft auto
    Metal gear solid
    Spyro trilogy
    Crash bandicoot
    Tekken 3
    Tomb raider
    Silent hill

I would add
    Tony hawk pro skater 2
    gran turismo 2
    Ridge racer

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

Ok let me think, PS1 is my most favorite console, i will type down some games that come to my mind that i played AND loved at the same time:

resident evil 1-3
      command and conquer
      hard edge
      worms armageddon
      spec ops
      syphon filter
      soul reaver
      parasite eve
      diablo
      alien trilogy
      die hard trilogy
      army men 3d
      iss pro evolution
      metal gear solid
      tenchu
      road rash
      gran turismo
      gta
      cool boarders
      tony hawk
      dino crisis
      armored core 2
      crash bandicot
      silent hill
      duke nukem
      gex geko
      shadow man
      medal of honor
      thrill kill
      wing commander 4
      wwf smackdown
      fear effect 2
      kknd krossfire
      jade cocoon
      kings field
      mortal kombat
      tekken
      nba jam
      warcraft 2

Comment

but the main question is, how do you put games on the ps1 classic mini? i only played it once yet... i hacked snes mini and nes mini, but never bothered to go through the ps1 classic mini

Comment

Originally posted by Big G.O.V. View Post
          but the main question is, how do you put games on the ps1 classic mini? i only played it once yet... i hacked snes mini and nes mini, but never bothered to go through the ps1 classic mini
          I havent done it yet, but I know BleamSync/autoBleem are two variations that achieve the same thing as Hackchi did for the Nintendo Classic Minis.

Only thing is, you dont need an adapter because of the direct USB port. Me personally, I dont want a USB stick (even a micro one) sticking out the front of that PS1 classic. so I have bought a rear port adapter to keep the visual OG.

The tutorials for the BleamSync etc is on Youtube just like Hackchi was.

I have bought a Micro SD XC card with a micro sd card adapter, because they draw less power (the PS1 classic has power limit draw on the ports.. unless you mod the board inside!) this means a number of USB 3 thumb drives will draw too much power on the port and not work. However, I can confirm a 256gb thumb drive worked on the rear micro usb port of the mini if you get an adapter for the back port. It appears the rear power port has no draw limit (I mean the thumb drive powers on, the light on it powers up – i'm yet to test if games run off it, but it should)

No matter what I do..

Comment

I also liked Kula World a lot. Spent way too much time with Point Blank lol.

Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions (fighting as the Ninja and solving murder cases was awesome )

Medi Evil 1 + 2 of course

Thrasher Skateboarding

Comment

Ok let me think, PS1 is my most favorite console, i will type down some games that come to my mind that i played AND loved at the same time:

resident evil 1-3
              command and conquer
              hard edge
              worms armageddon
              spec ops
              syphon filter
              soul reaver
              parasite eve
              diablo
              alien trilogy
              die hard trilogy
              army men 3d
              iss pro evolution
              metal gear solid
              tenchu
              road rash
              gran turismo
              gta
              cool boarders
              tony hawk
              dino crisis
              armored core 2
              crash bandicot
              silent hill
              duke nukem
              gex geko
              shadow man
              medal of honor
              thrill kill
              wing commander 4
              wwf smackdown
              fear effect 2
              kknd krossfire
              jade cocoon
              kings field
              mortal kombat
              tekken
              nba jam
              warcraft 2
              which Die Hard Trilogy game did you like most? it was pretty cool in hindsight, to get three games in one, I really enjoyed all three at the time. I don't know how well its aged though. I barely remember Die Hard Trilogy 2 Vegas but I had it, I forgot.

I think they should have tried something similar with Alien Trilogy; Game 1 based on Alien, third person survival horror or something.

No matter what I do..

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                I also liked Kula World a lot. Spent way too much time with Point Blank lol.

Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions (fighting as the Ninja and solving murder cases was awesome )

Medi Evil 1 + 2 of course

Haha, MGS VR, I have it too. the whole reason I wanted that game was to play with the Ninja. TBh, the murder case thing was cool, and it was a good game of challenges, but I was really disappointed that it was just a game in those weird block settings. I was hoping to do more MGS stuff in normal/regular settings, especially with the Ninja. I thought it might also bring some new things to the original game to justify a play through but never mind. Still glad I played it though!

Oh yeah, Medi Evil, I remember mate having that game, but I didn't remember playing it.

Ill have to look up those other 2 thanks!

No matter what I do..

Comment

Originally posted by Steez View Post
                  which Die Hard Trilogy game did you like most? it was pretty cool in hindsight, to get three games in one, I really enjoyed all three at the time. I don't know how well its aged though. I barely remember Die Hard Trilogy 2 Vegas but I had it, I forgot.

I think they should have tried something similar with Alien Trilogy; Game 1 based on Alien, third person survival horror or something.
                  Die Hard Trilogy the first.. i have never played the second Trilogy

i enjoyed the part in the highrise the most.. walking around with john mcclaine and killing everybody!!! YIPPIE KAY YEAHHH

Comment

Die Hard Trilogy the first.. i have never played the second Trilogy

i enjoyed the part in the highrise the most.. walking around with john mcclaine and killing everybody!!! YIPPIE KAY YEAHHH
                    Yeah at the time, I loved the first one, but I have good memories of the other two games in the first trilogy too.

I booted up Alien Trilogy the other day on the emulator, using a DS4 on the computer. Man, that game had a good soundtrack!! that game would have been so flat without that music.

I forgot about the first Aliens on level 1; you do not want run into them without the damn shotgun!!

No matter what I do..

Comment

did anyone else love Time Crisis? I forgot that I cant use the Light Gun on the emulator. the game is classic with the gun!

No matter what I do..

Comment

Originally posted by Steez View Post
                        did anyone else love Time Crisis? I forgot that I cant use the Light Gun on the emulator. the game is classic with the gun!
                        Loved that game. I played Time Crisis 2 in an arcade somewhere in France and it was just awesome, I had to get it for my Playstation. Unfortunately part 2 was not available on PS1 so I got TC1, which wasn't so cool. Was still fun to play with the lighter gun lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                          Loved that game. I played Time Crisis 2 in an arcade somewhere in France and it was just awesome, I had to get it for my Playstation. Unfortunately part 2 was not available on PS1 so I got TC1, which wasn't so cool. Was still fun to play with the lighter gun lol
                          I should've picked it up on PS2, I think at the time i was just Obsessed with MGS 2/3 and GTA games lol I didn't care for GTA games until GTAIII that changed everything.

I still remember shooting the boss in white, with the knives. I can't remember if it was him or the other guy who was the final boss but I think it was the other one. But if Time Crisis 2 was alot better than 1, I need to ebay the light gun and the game lol

No matter what I do..

Comment

Gran Turismo
                            Driver
                            Crash Bandicoot
                            Metal Gear Solid
                            Tony Hawk 2
                            Twisted Metal
                            Tomb Raider
                            Abe
                            Resident Evil

Memoriiiieeees...
                            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Blasto, Small Soldiers, Gex, Metal Gear Solid, Tomba, Toy Story 2, Tekken 3, Parappa The Rapper, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuit, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Ape Escape, Grand Theft Auto, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Spyro, Medi Evil, and some more I'm sure I forgot.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X