X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon's Souls REMAKE (PS5)

the rumors were true

announcement trailer
    Demon's Souls is a thrilling new fantasy game coming to the Playstation 5.Thanks for checking out IGN’s Summer of Gaming! Be sure to stay tuned to SoG as our...
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Demon Souls - PS5 Remake

I just bought this game. I’ve been watching videos and reviews and it looks and sounds good. I’ve never played the PS3 original.

Does anyone else have it or have played the original?

Comment

merged both threads

well, i played the original on ps3 (finished the game 7 or 8 times and got the platinum trophy) and it's one of the best games of all time.

the remake looks stunning!!! cant wait to play it. will buy a ps5 once they fixed most console problems and it will be the first game i will play on ps5.

Comment

I finished this today.

Comment

Originally posted by aisback View Post
          I finished this today.
          game has 2 endings
          the pure white / black tendency also changes game events

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
            game has 2 endings
            the pure white / black tendency also changes game events
            I'm happy to give the game a break before doing new game plus

Comment

Well I fuckin hate this game lol. It’s nothing like i thought it would be. I ran around and did shit for 20 minutes then died and started at the start. No checkpoints. It’s one of the most frustrating games I’ve ever played. It doesn’t explain anything of how to play. I put it on eBay. I hope it sells. I suck at it and am really mad I wasted $70 on it. I should’ve bought Sackboy.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                Well I fuckin hate this game lol. It’s nothing like i thought it would be. I ran around and did shit for 20 minutes then died and started at the start. No checkpoints. It’s one of the most frustrating games I’ve ever played. It doesn’t explain anything of how to play. I put it on eBay. I hope it sells. I suck at it and am really mad I wasted $70 on it. I should’ve bought Sackboy.

demon's souls is one of the best games of all times!!!
                try again, once you mastered the mechanics you will love it.
                you can activate shortcuts ....checkpoints are for pussies

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                  Didn't you beat Horizon Zero Dawn on Ultra Hard? That's tough. Especially if you did everything along with the DLC beating them big ass Fireclaws. It's tough even with all the New Game Plus equipment upgraded all the way up.

Was it just the frustration of not being able to save when you wanted? Because if you put in the time to figure out the different enemies, you'll eventually master the game. But it's definitely not a game to just kick back and relax playing. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro. They all come from the same From Software family tree. Stay away from them if this frustrated you that much. They all have reputations for being really good but also for being very frustrating if you don't know what you're doing. You have to be willing to take your lumps and stick with it. It pays off in the end if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post

demon's souls is one of the best games of all times!!!
                    try again, once you mastered the mechanics you will love it.
                    you can activate shortcuts ....checkpoints are for pussies
                    Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
                    Didn't you beat Horizon Zero Dawn on Ultra Hard? That's tough. Especially if you did everything along with the DLC beating them big ass Fireclaws. It's tough even with all the New Game Plus equipment upgraded all the way up.

Was it just the frustration of not being able to save when you wanted? Because if you put in the time to figure out the different enemies, you'll eventually master the game. But it's definitely not a game to just kick back and relax playing. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro. They all come from the same From Software family tree. Stay away from them if this frustrated you that much. They all have reputations for being really good but also for being very frustrating if you don't know what you're doing. You have to be willing to take your lumps and stick with it. It pays off in the end if you do.

It’s not the dying that sucked it was having all the enemies respawn and having to clear the path again. I watched a video and this guy was 1 shot killing the things and I’m sitting there hitting them like 4-5 times or more. I can’t get the parry down and the block doesn’t seem to work too well. I’m unaware of what weapons are good and I have no idea what all the numbers and symbols are. Like the damage durability and more. I have no clue about the magic. It threw me in that nexus and I was supposed to talk to someone and I had no idea who or where they were. I ran around forever. I had to watch a video to find the boy on the ground that was almost the same color as the floor. Then it opened the other worlds. But it gives no direction or any explanation of what you’re supposed to do or how to do it. Then I found all those people to talk to in the nexus but still unsure what to do. I’ve never been bad at a game like this but this one just blah.

But yeah I did horizon on new game plus the hardest difficulty and all the dlc. I’ve beat a lot of games on the hardest difficulty. I enjoy that kind of stuff but demons souls just seems you die and have to start all over besides the shortcuts that open which still respawn enemies. It’s just not a fun game to me. Graphics are great though. Maybe it’s the weapons and the knight. Just not my kind of thing I’m into.

Comment

sure, demon's souls doesnt explain everything, but many things. all you have to do is to take your time... read every description, etc. in the game and you will mastering it without big problems

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X