Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is New Super Mario 'New' and 'Super' Enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is New Super Mario 'New' and 'Super' Enough?

What time is it? You guessed it! It's time for a brand new IGN Nintendo Question of the Week. So unless you're too busy planning folder strategies for tomorrow, pull out the ole laptop and prepare to blog like mad! Most of you already know the drill - I'm going to ask you a question, then you're going to put all of your super cool thoughts and opinions into a handy, dandy blog. Afterward, I want you to share the link on the IGN blog post I created just for this occasion. Please DO NOT post your blog links on my wall or Twitter - they will only be considered if they're submitted on my official blog post. Later this week, I'm going to choose a selection of the best entries to promote directly on the 3DS and/or Wii U page, as well as choose our Blogger of the Week (who, in turn, wins a cool prize).

Make sense? Great, then on to the question!

This week we're returning to the topic of everyone's favorite plumber. In a surprise twist, it seems Nintendo will be releasing two 'New Super Mario' games within the same year. First Nintendo confirmed that Mario for Wii U will be shown at E3, and that it will be based on the New Super Mario Mii demo from last year's show. Late last week we also found out that New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be coming to 3DS this August. Especially if the Wii U one launches with the system (which isn't confirmed, but come on… it's a good bet), that's quite a lot of 'New' and 'Super' for 2012. So what do you think of the prospect of these Mushroom Kingdom adventures? Now's your chance to let us know!

One of the first screenshots for New Super Mario Bros. 2.

To help guide your blogging endeavors, here are the specific points I'd like your blog to address:

What do you think about Nintendo releasing two "New Super Mario" games within the same year? Are you excited, because that franchise is generally really enjoyable? Or does it seem like overkill?
    What was your reaction when you heard the news about the Wii U New Super Mario game? What about the 3DS one? Were you shocked? Excited? Disappointed?
    Of the two titles, which sounds most interesting to you? New Super in 3D with throwbacks to Super Mario Bros. 3, or New Super in HD with an emphasis on multiplayer? Explain in detail why you're most excited for the one you chose, and why the other one didn't quite grab your attention as much.
    Would you rather have waited longer for either a full 3D platformer for Wii U or a spiritual successor to the innovative Super Mario 3D Land? Or are you glad to have these New Super titles in the meantime? Overall, do you think this was a smart decision on Nintendo's part, or is it an underwhelming way to highlight there two new systems?

Got all that? Now all you have to do is go blog it up - just remember to make your submissions no later than Thursday, April 26 at Noon PST.

As mentioned, the best submissions will be promoted on the IGN 3DS page. Among the blog posts chosen for promotion, Rich and I will be singling ONE out as our Blog of the Week. The chosen blogger will win a download code for one (1) free eShop game. The winner will be able to choose between Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, and Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword. If you're chosen, someone from IGN will contact you through e-mail (and your IGN wall), so keep an eye out, and be ready to respond! (And please don't ask us if you've won - if you did, we will be in touch.)

That all sound good? All that's left is to start blogging, and check back later this week for the results. I look forward to reading your entries!

I never had a ds as im not a big handheld gamer but if it did come out for the new wii u i might consider buying it as i might get that new console this time as it supposed to have better graphics and stuff or so they say was never a fan of the wii but wii u may be better

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X