Player brought for $94 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player brought for $94 million

International soccer star Kaka, a native of Brazil, has signed a six-year contract with Real Madrid of Spain.

Although details of the transfer aren't official, reports are that Real Madrid may have paid more than $94 million to purchase the rights to the players from Italy's AC Milan.

To put that in perspective, Babe Ruth was sold from Boston to New York in 1920 for $125,000, which has the same purchasing power as $1.3 million today -- still a small fraction of Kaka's reported transfer fee.

Most Americans now consider "blockbuster" deals as player-for-player swaps, but soccer still prefers large sums of money. Very large, in this case -- Kaka may have commanded the largest transfer fee in history. In what may also be a foreign concept to some Americans, Kaka is leaving his old club on excellent terms.

Real Madrid has a legacy of big-spending, acquiring France's Zinedine Zidane in 2001 and Portugal's Luis Figo in 2000 for then-record sums. Collectively, the three stars have cost the club about 200 million euros.

This move may help counter the recent success of FC Barcelona, which won both La Liga and the European Cup this year. Real Madrid won La Liga, Spain's top division, the previous two seasons.
    And they still can't win a trophy

I don't think that is the amount, it's more along the lines of 64m to 70m, this is what was in the newspapers recently.

Though i would of prefered kaka to go to the premier league then to the la liga, that would of been awesome, as it is the best league in the world.

I think they would need another player like kaka or a really good forward who can really lead them to trophy's once again.

Comment

damn Real MAdrid always purchasing players. They about to get that portuguese playa from manchester united

Comment

Originally posted by pacsceneisdying View Post
        damn Real MAdrid always purchasing players. They about to get that portuguese playa from manchester united
        you mean roanldo? (the Fifa worlds best player of 2008 )
        it was ronaldo who has signed a six-year contract with Real Madrid for 94mio.
        kaka signed for 65mio.

Comment

Holy fuck thats a lotta fucking money....thats one lucky mofo lol

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
          Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
          Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
          Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

Comment

they need to win the champions league thenext ten years in a row to recoup that cash, but as sir alex said, no spanish bank will close them down
            Can't close my eyes cause all I see is terror
            I hate the man in the mirror
            Cause his reflection makes the pain turn realer

Comment

don't forget benzema signed too for 30mio.
              and they want to pay 80mio for another star they said.
              (For example Ribery)

Comment

they bought another player called xabi alonso for 30million

Comment

Remember what happened the last time they spent so much on players.

Comment

Now they sold Huntelaar for 18mio to AC Milan.
                    I'm glad to see madird on the 19th august playing against my town dortmund.
                    I have a front-row seat =)

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X