Michael Vick May Be Reinstated Into The NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick May Be Reinstated Into The NFL

Looks like fallen NFL QB, Michael Vick, may just get another chance in the league.

According to ESPN, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has reportedly decided on a conditional reinstatement that would allow Vick to attend training camp if he signs with a team. However, he could be suspended for the first four games of the 2009 season.

The report said that Goodell met with Vick, his agent and two other members of his camp, but nothing was officially confirmed.

The commissioner suspended Vick indefinitely in August 2007 after the former Falcons quarterback admitted bankrolling a dog fighting operation. Since the, the NFL player has been the center of controversy.

He was sentenced to 23 months in prison, two months of which he served on home confinement.

Earlier this year, it was rumored that Vick was searching for a reality show deal. He reportedly owes millions to creditors.

Before the dogfighting fiasco, Vick was one of the NFL's highest-paid players, signing a $130 million, 10-year deal with the Falcons in December 2004. After he went to prison, the team filed a claim to recover bonuses he had earned from 2004 through 2007. The remainder of Vick's Atlanta contract was reportedly worth at least $45.11 million.

If Vick is not signed by an NFL team, ESPN reporter Chris Mortensen says he'll have an option to sign with the upstart United Football League, set to begin play in October and finish its inaugural season on Thanksgiving weekend. Under UFL policy, he would be free to sign with the NFL once the UFL season ends.

While UFL commissioner Michael Huyghue has not cleared Vick to sign with his league, the quarterback's rights have been assigned to Orlando, coached by former Saints coach Jim Haslett.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

i hope they give him a second chance... it was bad what he did but i think he should be forgiven... there was anther player that killed someone on accident when he was drunk and he is still going to be allowed to play so i think so should vick.. it is always exciting to watch him play.. allthough i will never forgive him for being the first person to beat the packers in the playoffs at lambeau field.. ever sence then the packers just havent been the same at home.. so on that note... maybe he shouldnt be let back in the NFL...

Comment

Originally posted by PAPAVELI View Post
      there was anther player that killed someone on accident when he was drunk

Being wasted and killing someone while being totally impaired and having totally impaired judgement is somewhat different from fully understanding and operating dog fighting events,and drowning dogs while not being drunk is somewhat different.Both are unjustifiable and no excuses, but Vick should get an another chance. Although,he won't be the same. He will suck and end up being benched.

Comment

well michael vick basically fucked himself up he went into dog fightin he coulda left because he was makin money in the nfl why would he go into dog fightin he prolly would end up on the bench
        Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by P.Ness View Post
          Being wasted and killing someone while being totally impaired and having totally impaired judgement is somewhat different from fully understanding and operating dog fighting events,and drowning dogs while not being drunk is somewhat different.Both are unjustifiable and no excuses, but Vick should get an another chance. Although,he won't be the same. He will suck and end up being benched.

killing people > killing dogs

drunk or not...

Comment

will be crazy to see dude back in nfl if it happens this year, i dont know any teams that have even shown interest however

Comment

what makes me think is what team does he fit in and will they be willin to take him and all the drama hes gonna bring into the locker room
              Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

Any team is dumb to not pick him up even though he has alot of baggage

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X