Michael Vick Re-Signs With Philadelphia Eagles For One-Year Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick Re-Signs With Philadelphia Eagles For One-Year Contract

Although they benched him late in the 2012 season, Michael Vick re-signed with the Philadelphia Eagles Monday (February 11) to a one-year deal for the 2013 season. However, sources say, it could be worth as much as $10 million next season.

According to ESPN.com, the quarterback's new contract replaces the long-term contract he signed in 2011 -- six years, and $100 million. Now, he's scheduled to be a free agent after next season.

Vick does get another chance at the helm of the Eagles, running the show under new coach Chip Kelly's offense. "I feel like this is the perfect situation for me. After talking with Chip and looking at the offense, I wanted to be here," Vick told Yahoo! Sports.

Vick, who turns 33 in June, passed for 2,362 yards, 12 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 10 games last season, his fourth with the Eagles. He became injured and was inconsistent last season, eventually sending him to the bench for rookie Nick Foles.

The Eagles finished 4-12 and in last place in the NFC East. As a result, Andy Reid was fired as coach the day after the season ended, and Kelly was hired last month.
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X