Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Paterno Fired from Penn State!!

What are your thoughts on this?????
    Personally I think he did what he was supposed to do legally, but not morally. I also think after 62 years they should have let him retire...not fire him The reason I think this...a defensive coach...I believe..McCreary or something actually watched that dude rape some kid and never said a word to ANYONE and still has his job, so how can they fire Paterno???? I understand firing the President if Penn State...since he should have been the correct person to go to the proper authorities...but he did not.
    Sandusky should be hung by his balls for what he did!!!

What are your thoughts??
    "You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.”

i think they should have let him at least finish the season!!!

HE did nothing "wrong"

Comment

Originally posted by Papaveli View Post
      i think they should have let him at least finish the season!!!

HE did nothing "wrong"

I agree...he could have done more maybe morally...but as he is probably old skool...thought that the proper admin he did tell...would do their job...In my eyes...he is the one person that should have been left to finish the year and retire..
      "You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.”

Comment

This was a cover up plain and simple... it's going to get a whole lot worse before this whole thing is put to bed. ESPN analysts said it best last week... "There are 2 kinds of opinions... 1) Those who have read the report and are disgusted by what went on and the obvious cover up and 2) People that are wrong" Plain and simple this was a case of an entire University and the entire football program covering up a very serious offense. Barry Switzer (Former coach from Oklahoma) made a very public comment as well... he went on to state that College football coaches see each other 6-7 days a week... they vacation together.. they spend 8-15 hours a day together, they know everything that's going on both in the program and in the lives of each other as it's an essential part of the job." Switzer stated to ESPN that it's apparent that not only did Paterno know what was going on, but that he actively was involved in the cover up as well.

It's only a matter of time before the entire staff is cleared out.. don't expect anyone to survive after bowl season ends. On top of all that, there is a reason beyond all of this as to why Paterno was fired. Both the University President, AND the Athletic Director went to Paterno's home in 2002 after his dismal 5-7 season. The visit was because they went to FIRE Paterno and ask he leave Penn State... Paterno said No and decided to stay on. A very strange cult like atmosphere exists in that town.. Paterno had taken control of a great deal of the university and essentially told everyone involved that he would leave when he was ready. There is an undocumented "dark side" to Paterno that wasnt widely reported int he media... he is bullish, a bully, and generally an unpleasant individual to be around when the camera's aren't rolling... (in other words your average old man). So jump to last week... A call was made to Paterno Tuesday night informing him he needed to step down immediately. Paterno once again decided that he was above the interest of the university or his superiors and again refused, instead issuing a statement that he would be leaving at the end of the season. (In an attempt to make himself look good as usual) The university finally had enough however, and when Paterno refused to resign of his own accord, was fired in the process. Don't get it twisted and think this came out of no where.... Paterno has been trying to orchestrate this grand exit from College football since 1998. However since he's WELL past his prime and obviously thinks he's above the system, time finally caught up with him.

I expect serious charges against Paterno after the season has ended, he played a much bigger role in this then any of us realize. I say good riddance... Paterno hasn't been relevant in football for decades, and he is so far out of touch with today's youth it's an embarassment. I mean seriously... the guy is 84... 84! He should have retired in '91, not 2011.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X