James Toney, Roy Jones Jr. In Talks For Rematch 20 Years Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney, Roy Jones Jr. In Talks For Rematch 20 Years Later

Is a fight between former heavyweight champ James Toney and Roy Jones Jr. in the works? Although both men are past their primes, and still fighting on, they're in talks for a rematch, 20 years after they met as middleweights in 1994.

Toney took to Facebook early Wednesday (Dec. 11), revealing that he and Jones are currently working on details for an upcoming fight.

"I cannot believe this! The coward (a.k.a. Roy Jones Jr.) has finally decided to grow a pair of balls and fight me again," the boxing vet wrote. "I've been waiting almost 20 years for this! I'm signing my contract as soon as I get it, so Roy I hope you don't punk out again and run away.

"Get ready Roy cause I'm going to f***ing hurt you bad, I promise you!"

Toney put his IBF super middleweight title on the line against Jones back in late 1994 -- one of the most anticipated fights that year, as both ranked among the top pound-for-pound fighters in the sport. After 12 rounds, Roy walked away with a landslide decision. An upset James later blamed making the weight for his flat performance.

Now, he'll finally get a chance to avenge his very first loss... if and when the contracts are worked out and signed.

Stay tuned...
    Source

Meh.. I would rather see the almost 40 years old Anderson Silva and RJJ fight.

James Tony talks too much and got shitted on by Randy Couture in a UFC Fight acting like MMA is easy.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X