NBA Explores Expanded Court, 4-Point Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Explores Expanded Court, 4-Point Shot

Could we see an expanded NBA court with a 4-point shot in the future?

In a recent interview with ESPN, NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn and vice president Kiki VanDeWeghe, said the league has explored the notion of expanding the dimensions of the court and the introduction of a 4-point shot.

While it was mostly just a concept, speaking from a hypothetical standpoint, the pair said it's definitely something interesting they've discussed at a league level.

"Making the court bigger? It's an interesting idea," said VanDeWeghe. "We've actually looked at it. We keep a list of ideas on what we should do, and how we could make the game better of course... Arenas are built in a certain way, and that would take a lot of adjusting to actually make the court bigger. Does it mean we shouldn't look at it? No, of course not, we're look at all sorts of things."

The NBA adopted the 3-point shot from the old ABA starting in the 1979-80 season. As for the prospect of a 4-point shot, Thorn said that, too, is "something that's come up" as an informal proposal.

Source

Why mess up a good thing.... Leave it alone... Damn
    I ain't choosing sides
    Hell nah,fuck everybody
    It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
    Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
    Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
    I'm bullet proof
    Blazed up on top of my man's roof
    Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
    Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
    It's West Coast nigga fuck New York