L.A. Dodgers’ Manny Ramirez Smacks 537th Homer To Surpass Mickey Mantle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A. Dodgers’ Manny Ramirez Smacks 537th Homer To Surpass Mickey Mantle

The Los Angeles Dodgers star, Manny Ramirez, made history Monday night (July 20) when he hit his 537th career homerun, putting him past Mickey Mantle on the all-time list.

The L.A. outfielder is now ranked #15 on the all-time homerun list. The only active players above Manny on the list are Jim Thome with 557 at #13, Alex Rodriguez with 572 at #10, and Ken Griffey Jr. with 621 at #5

His next target is Mike Schmidt with 548 homers.

"To be honest, I haven't been keeping track of who I've passed or where I'm at. I just wait for you guys to tell me," Ramirez told the Associated Press. "I just go and play and don't worry about the numbers. Maybe I will when I look back later on and see what I accomplished. But now I'm going to take it day by day and see if we can go to the next step."

The star ball player tied Mantle on July 10, and surpassed him Monday when he drove a 2-0 pitch into the left field pavilion in the second inning to give Los Angeles a 6-3 lead over the Cincinnati Reds.

With the homer, fans in Dodger Stadium chanted "Manny" in unison ...48,110 of them.

The Dodgers took the win 7-5.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHHP8sYaTWE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Manny Ramirez's 537th Home Run Goes Right Over My Head[/ame]

Sure he made history, but it should have an asterik next to it. Personally I'm not a huge baseball fan and im definetly not a Manny Ramirez fan but for some reason I just don't like him that much. I always suspected he was a fraud. Baseball players have to be the most overpaid people in the world.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X