13. “Prayer”

Thoughts?

Comment

I'd check it out. Just case there's anything with deep meaning

Comment

Really hope theres a physical cd released
        sigpic

Comment

Looks quite bad with so many featured guests. Also, the guests are annoying artists.... Not looking forward to hearing Jay-Z, the LOX, Lil Wayne (or any Lil anything) or Nas on it. Worst case scenario: they have posthumous tribute verses.

Originally posted by adoutlaw View Post
          Really hope theres a physical cd released
          The same

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
            Worst case scenario: they have posthumous tribute verses.
            That's what i thought when i saw the guests but hope these are not posthumous featuring.

Edit: i remember a video or picture of DMX & Alicia Keys in studio, makes sense with Swizz on the project too.
            Last edited by PainIsLove4Thugz; 05-16-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Looks quite bad with so many featured guests. Also, the guests are annoying artists.... Not looking forward to hearing Jay-Z, the LOX, Lil Wayne (or any Lil anything) or Nas on it. Worst case scenario: they have posthumous tribute verses.

The same
              Jay, LOX, Lil Wayne and Nas are all better DMX to me, ha. But different strokes. No offense to the dead though.

Bono, Snoop Dogg and Usher are the annoying features I see here.

Anyway, I don't think I will check this project out.

Comment

U2 and Snoop are the two most overrated and annoying music acts in their respective genres. Absolutely can't stand them.

Comment

Originally posted by Filla View Post
                  Jay, LOX, Lil Wayne and Nas are all better DMX to me, ha. But different strokes. No offense to the dead though.

Bono, Snoop Dogg and Usher are the annoying features I see here.

Anyway, I don't think I will check this project out.
                  Originally posted by Filla View Post
                  U2 and Snoop are the two most overrated and annoying music acts in their respective genres. Absolutely can't stand them.
                  Fully agree with Bono and Usher being annoying guests.

Jay-Z and Nas are mediocre rappers. Jay-Z struggles to stay on beat and he has the all time most annoying rap voice. Nas hasn't made a decent song in years and he has always had issues rhyming properly. Either way, clearly lots of people like them... and millions of people voted for Trump.

It's really annoying in rap that you have some random artists wasting lots of run time on songs. When I want to bump Pac, I don't necessarily want to hear the Outlawz. When I bump DMX, I want to hear DMX. He is/was unique.

Comment

The same
                    Wayne was mentioned in a DMX interview for being apart of the album, along with Bono and Pop Smoke. However, the Jay-Z and Nas verses seem like they were probably added after. DMX already getting that Amaru treatement.
                    13 tracks seem too short and the Pop Smoke feature missing, leads me to believe that Swizz split this into two albums and used whatever else songss DMX recorded the last few years from to make two full albums. I think they will go back over the older material after the next album of 2016-2021 songs are used.

To be honest, I am more interested in the 1994-2006 material. There are alot of dope unreleased tracks or rare tracks you can find online before 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
                      Wayne was mentioned in a DMX interview for being apart of the album, along with Bono and Pop Smoke. However, the Jay-Z and Nas verses seem like they were probably added after. DMX already getting that Amaru treatement.
                      13 tracks seem too short and the Pop Smoke feature missing, leads me to believe that Swizz split this into two albums and used whatever else songss DMX recorded the last few years from to make two full albums. I think they will go back over the older material after the next album of 2016-2021 songs are used.

To be honest, I am more interested in the 1994-2006 material. There are alot of dope unreleased tracks or rare tracks you can find online before 1998.
                      Got any files brother?

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
                      If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
                      but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
                      -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
                      -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by MachineGunFunk View Post

Why is it that 1996-2000 era seems to be the best for everyone, like after the year 2000 people and things just suddenly go to shit? You think it's the artists just losing their OG style by trying to stay modern?

Comment

Originally posted by endofdayz View Post
                          Why is it that 1996-2000 era seems to be the best for everyone, like after the year 2000 people and things just suddenly go to shit? You think it's the artists just losing their OG style by trying to stay modern?
                          It was the southern wave. New York & California controlled rap for its first 2 decades. After 2000, music from New Orleans to Atlanta started being released. Older artists tried to cater to these new audiences, losing their signature eastand west coast sounds.

Comment

[MENTION=244]endofdayz

94-Y2K

Originally posted by 7thdayprofessor View Post
                            It was the southern wave. New York & California controlled rap for its first 2 decades. After 2000, music from New Orleans to Atlanta started being released. Older artists tried to cater to these new audiences, losing their signature eastand west coast sounds.
                            Perfectly said.
                            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

album sucks big time... thx for reminding me
                              My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                              Vinyls: 60
                              Cassettes: 110
                              CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X