any TDE fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any TDE fans?

what are you guys thoughts on Groovy Tony by SchoolBoy Q?
    sigpic

Jay Rock is rockin' it
    collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Tbh I didn't listen to 90059 much I liked Vice City, This track though by SchoolBoy Q is alot different, Well I feel it was, than oxymoron tracks I'm liking it though it goes hard.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm a big TDE fan, i'm probably in the minority here, but i loved Oxymoron, sure it was flawed & with a bit of tweaking it was such an enjoyable album.

I absolutely love Schoolboy Q's ''Oxymoron'' album. I know its not what people expected but for some reason it really clicked with me.

I have always somewhat liked Q, maybe not all his music, but a good amount of it, but Oxymoron is probably his most consistent project to date & a brilliant debut album, its clear Q isnt a lyrical rapper, but he sure knows how to make well crafted tracks.

Here are my issues though:

- They made a mistake on Man of the year, as they mastered the clean version of the track to be used on the album but at the last moment they added the swearing back in, its very evident during the hook as the swear words are very low volume wise, so they fucked up with that.

- The beginning of Hoover Street was a terrible decision, but i edited it out & made sure the track starts perfectly.

- I feel pusher man shouldnt of been an individual track, i think it should of been labelled as an interlude. I added it to the end of ''Grooveline Pt.2'' & damn, it works brilliantly. Overall the track is already quiet chilled out but adding pusher man to the end really adds to the chilled out vibe.

- ''His & Her Friend'' shouldnt of been an individual track either. I added it to the end of ''Studio'' & they compliment each other fantastically.

So here is the tracklist:

01. Gangsta
        02. Los Awesome (Ft. Jay Rock)
        03. Collard Greens (Ft. Kendrick Lamar)
        04. What They Want (Ft. 2Chainz)
        05. Hoover Street
        06. Studio/His & Her Friends (Ft. BJ The Chicago Kid & SZA)
        07. Prescription/Oxymoron
        08. The Purge (Ft. Tyler, The Creator & Kurupt)
        09. Blind Threats (Ft. Raekwon)
        10. Hell Of A Night
        11. Break The Bank
        12. Man Of The Year
        13. Grooveline/Pusher Man (Ft. Suga Free)
        14. F--k LA
        15. Gravy
        16. Yay Yay
        17. Californication (Ft. A$AP Rocky)

If anyone ever wants me to send them the edited version just let me know & ill send it asap.

I Know Death Follows Me
        But
        I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Thanks for the info dude I'm a big TDE fan too I have quite a large collection of their stuff, I really like oxymoron too as schoolboy and kendrick are my favourite artists from that label/crew, did you hear the original of Hoover street? It leaked not too long ago?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottishdanstfu View Post
            Thanks for the info dude I'm a big TDE fan too I have quite a large collection of their stuff, I really like oxymoron too as schoolboy and kendrick are my favourite artists from that label/crew, did you hear the original of Hoover street? It leaked not too long ago?

really? damn, i never knew there was a different version, you got a link? id love to hear it

I Know Death Follows Me
            But
            I'll Murder Him First

Comment

sad think what happened to Alori Joh r.i.p.

all of them TDE's got several good tracks, but out of all i have to pick Jay Rock and also YG 4hunnid plus his own fellows
              collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

I'm a fan of everyone in TDE except for Ab-Soul. I'm most excited for Isiah Rashad though. Newest member of the TDE Family.

Comment

Jay Rock From Nickerson Garden Projects (Bounty Hunter Bloods)

Yes, He IS My Fav. TDE Member, Others On Some Other Shxt, N U Know I Like That Gangsta Shxt.

They All Dope Though.
                  Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                    really? damn, i never knew there was a different version, you got a link? id love to hear it
                    yeah heres a link for you http://70mack.com/wp-content/upload/...over_treet.mp3 its got a longer verse but its more of a slower chilled vibe not like the oxymoron version
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
                      sad think what happened to Alori Joh r.i.p.

all of them TDE's got several good tracks, but out of all i have to pick Jay Rock and also YG 4hunnid plus his own fellows
                      YG is damn hard! "I'm just Bicken Back Bein' BOOL"

and I like how they are all different but still can crossover to each others respective concepts

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
                      I'm a fan of everyone in TDE except for Ab-Soul. I'm most excited for Isiah Rashad though. Newest member of the TDE Family.

oh yeah I glanced over the cilvia demo, not my favourite if I'm honest but everyone has their own opinions and thank you for sharing yours

Originally posted by Mob Souljah662 View Post
                      Jay Rock From Nickerson Garden Projects (Bounty Hunter Bloods)

Yes, He IS My Fav. TDE Member, Others On Some Other Shxt, N U Know I Like That Gangsta Shxt.

They All Dope Though.
                      Yeah he is the more Gangsta than the rest but like I said above they all have their own unique style I prefer Kendrick & Schoolboy Q, as they talk more that just gangsta & guns shxt but that could be me just over looking Jay Rock's lyrics I do however think Jay Rocks verse on money trees was an instant classic and Its a tie between MC Eiht and Jay Rocks for best guest appearance on that album.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottishdanstfu View Post
                        yeah heres a link for you http://70mack.com/wp-content/upload/...over_treet.mp3 its got a longer verse but its more of a slower chilled vibe not like the oxymoron version
                        oh shit, how did i never hear this before?!

I Know Death Follows Me
                        But
                        I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Dunno bro I try to keep updated as best as I can so If I come across anything new I'll let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          sigpic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X