Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eazy-E's "Straight Outta Compton" Portrayal Reminds Audience Of AIDS' Impact, Ice Cub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eazy-E's "Straight Outta Compton" Portrayal Reminds Audience Of AIDS' Impact, Ice Cub

DJ Yella says Eazy-E didn't want him to know he had AIDS.

Eazy-E's death is portrayed in the forthcoming movie Straight Outta Compton, which is due in theaters Friday (August 14). The N.W.A rapper died from complications due to AIDS in 1995.

"Eazy taught us that AIDS was real, not just for big-time celebrities or movie stars, but it you're right here in the hood, you can get it, too," Ice Cube says to MTV. "He's gonna reteach that lesson with this movie because it's still a big epidemic in our community."

Ice Cube left the group in 1989 and feuded with the group, releasing his "No Vaseline" diss track. Cube was able to reconcile with Eazy-E before his death.

"Life is short," Cube says. "Bury any hatchet when you can. If you got any issues you're dealing with, now's the time to mend it 'cause you never know if you're gonna have that time. I'm glad I was able to mend things with Eazy before he passed and talk to him. It was like old times again."

Fellow N.W.A member DJ Yella says that he didn't know Eazy-E had AIDS at the time of his death.

"Last thing he told me on the phone, he said, 'Watch it,'" DJ Yella says. "But he never told me about the AIDS. He didn't want me to know. It's dangerous out there for the world. It's real."

- CDC estimates show that blacks account for almost half of all new infections in the United States each year (44 percent) as well as more than one third of all people living with HIV (41 percent).

- Approximately one in 16 black men will be diagnosed with HIV during their lifetime, as will one in 32 black women.

- African Americans face a higher risk of being exposed to HIV infection with each sexual encounter than do other racial/ethnic groups. This is because the prevalence of HIV is greater in African American communities than in any other racial/ethnic group, and because African Americans are likely to have sexual relations with other African Americans. Therefore, even with levels of individual risk behaviors (e.g., sex without a condom, multiple partners) that are comparable to other races/ethnicities, African Americans face a higher risk of infection with each sexual encounter.

- Higher prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): The prevalence of STDs is higher in African Americans than in any other racial/ethnic group. Because STDs can place individuals at higher risk for HIV infection, higher STD prevalence may contribute to higher HIV incidence among black men and women.

-- SOURCE

Apparently it's not just HIV, but STDs in generally that are much higher in the black population in the US. Maybe they use the exposure from this film to push out some hardcore The More You Know shit? Crazy, I did not know it was so bad.
    It make homos game at females.

Comment

I believe the man didn't have AIDS someone needs to talk to his wife and get a lie test on her then the truth is she pull his cord she the murdered eazy e
      "I don't advocate senseless violence of any human being. I'm the one who's been beat down. But I will not be a victim again."

"behind every sweet there is a bittersadness that no one can ever see and feel."

"During your life,never stop dreaming. no one can take away your dreams."

"the seed Must grow Regardless of The fact That It's Planted In stone"

Comment

Originally posted by hennez View Post
        I believe the man didn't have AIDS someone needs to talk to his wife and get a lie test on her then the truth is she pull his cord she the murdered eazy e
        1) Lie detector tests are voodoo bullshit. You might as well hire a psychic friend.
        2) Eazy-E, macho gangsta rapper would never have said he had AIDS if he didn't have it.
        3) Does everything have to be a conspiracy? He had lots of unprotected sex, it was stupid, and fucked up shit happened. That's how life goes.
        Last edited by coughdrops; 08-21-2015, 10:28 PM.
        It make homos game at females.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X