Game Discusses Kanye West Collaborations On "Jesus Piece"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Discusses Kanye West Collaborations On "Jesus Piece"

Game is currently gearing up for the release of his new album Jesus Piece, which serves as the follow up to last year's The R.E.D. Album. During an interview with Rap-Up, the Compton, California rapper revealed that Kanye West appears on the title cut and provides hook duties on the track.

"It’s hardcore rapping,” said Game. “‘Ye is on the hook doing his thing.”

While the G.O.O.D. Music chief appears on "Jesus Piece," they also recorded another track where they both talk about life in Los Angeles, California and "how it will capture you like it did Tupac."

He and Kanye also worked on a second record for Jesus Piece. “It’s basically about me and ‘Ye talking about being in L.A., how it will capture you like it did Tupac,” he continued. “The allure of the gangbanging life… Hollywood sometimes mixes people up. You think it’s all good, then you get out here and shit gets real.”

Link: http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=21509

Game is taking you to church —and the strip club— on his first conceptual album, Jesus Piece. Slated for a December release, the Compton rapper promises another star-studded affair with collaborations with Chris Brown, Adam Levine, Trey Songz, Nicki Minaj, and two records with Lil Wayne. During our exclusive interview, the star of VH1’s new reality show "Marrying The Game" shared how his lifestyle inspired the title.
    “You want to believe in God, but you don’t want to be criticized and ridiculed by people who think that they’re better than you,” he told Rap-Up TV. “I don’t want to feel like I can’t love God or appreciate Jesus and have to put down that blunt. I want to smoke, maybe shower up, then go to church. Get the word, walk out of church, maybe smoke again, maybe hit up a strip club or two and do me, but I don’t want to be ridiculed.”
    He called out rappers, including himself, for their hypocritical behavior. “We spend $25-50,000 on a Jesus piece, but then we’re reluctant to put $100 in the collection plate,” he said. “We’ll talk about how we love God, but we won’t give nothing back.”
    The album borrows its name from the title track featuring Kanye West. “It’s hardcore rapping,” shared Game. “‘Ye is on the hook doing his thing.”
    He and Kanye also worked on a second record for Jesus Piece. “It’s basically about me and ‘Ye talking about being in L.A., how it will capture you like it did Tupac,” he explained. “The allure of the gangbanging life… Hollywood sometimes mixes people up. You think it’s all good, then you get out here and shit gets real.”
    He’s confident that the project will deliver. “At the end of the day, everybody’s going to appreciate the concept, appreciate the music, and I think I’ll have the best album to come out this year.”

Link: http://thisizgame.ning.com/profiles/...abo-with-kanye
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X