Eminem Reflects On '8-Mile' Movie 10 Years Later In Vibe Coverstory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem Reflects On '8-Mile' Movie 10 Years Later In Vibe Coverstory

Eminem decides to look back on his only starring film role to date, 8 Mile, 10 years later... appearing on the October/November issue of Vibe magazine.

Em, along with other members of the film's cast, including nthony Mackie and Mekhi Phifer, reflected on the film and its success. The rapper, specifically, talks about what it was like playing B-Rabbit.

"I definitely felt like I was about to embark on some sh** that was not necessarily up my alley," Em says. "It was all brand new, and I'm so glad I had all of these guys around me. My hardest part, was remembering the lines. 'Cause really, all I had to do was take myself back into the mind frame of how I felt before I got signed with Dre. It wasn't really too much to just be myself.

"People who really listen to my music probably know what's real in that movie and what's not," he later adds. "There were bits and pieces that were taken from my life, but for the most part, it was the story of the underdog. We rehearsed so much before we even started the film, and I was in every scene. I was there every day from 6 a.m. until -- half the time -- 5 in the morning the next day. It became a point where I felt like I am this person. I'm f***ing B-Rabbit because I was living this movie. I had no choice but to be him."

His co-stars go on to talk about what Marshall was like on set, joked about certain scenes in the film, and Em writing songs in between filming. Read the full interview over at Vibe.com.

The Vibe issue hits newsstands this month.

It's too bad Brittany Murphy is no longer around for input.

Comment

Looks good I'll definetly pick this one up

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X