DMX showed his love for the troops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMX showed his love for the troops

New York rapper DMX recently showed his love for the troops by taking a trip to the Lone Star State and playing wheelchair basketball with injuried soldiers.

Details of X's good deed hit the Internet early Monday (December 5) morning.

DMX is continuing to put his celebrity to good use. The troubled rapper, who was seen mopping at a fast food spot just last month, visited injured troops in San Antonio, Texas, after a fan at a local concert asked him if he would. X, who kept his word, showed up the next day at Fort Sam Houston and even played a little wheelchair basketball with some of the handicapped soldiers.

The 40 year-old rapper also expressed how much of an impact the special occasion had on him.

Darkman X is doing better than ever. Aside from staying out of trouble, DMX is giving back anyway that he can. During a recent concert stop in San Antonio, a fan asked X if he could pay a visit to some US troops at a nearby base. Earl obliged and showed up the next day to keep good on his word. DMX told TMZ, "It made my day as much as it did their day. One told me that I gave him the best early Christmas gift he ever got and that has me still smiling."

Recently, X opened up about getting his life straightened out following past run-ins with the law and jail stints.

"There were times where it appeared I had nothing to hold onto. Nothing to help me get through that. I'm a man of faith, and it's good to know there are others out there like me," X said in an interview. "Be grateful for the fact that you can see clearly. I appreciate the continued support, and I'm sure you have noticed, but I will never let you down in terms of the message and the delivery of the message. It'll always be honest, it'll always be to the point and it'll always be uncompromised."

God Bless Our Troops
    "You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.”

Comment

X on the road to recovery??? heres
      Hoping

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X