Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was always way into 2pac's music to be concerned about biggie.. so definitely 2pac

Comment

I gotta say pac. His music has more meaning to me and he's more diverse than biggie. I think pac was more of an influence to many rappers than biggie. Plus I don't like a lot of big's songs but his freestyles are the shit

Comment

2Pac, My ears aren't open to artists who have nothing to say which was basically B.I.G he just rhymed words like a clown.

When you've found the best you don't need the rest. I liked a couple off BIG songs like 1970' Summat and One More Chance

Comment

For me the lyrics matters more thn anything in a song, so I have to go with Pac. His lyrics are insaneeee and I love em. They just make sense, and they're written by a true Poet.

Comment

2Pac is the greatest ever and it's not close IMO. Biggie is #2 though.

Special Thanks to jamaal for making this sig.

Comment

Tupac = The King.

Proud to be romanian.
              Remember, romanians are romanians, gypsies are gypsies.

Comment

I've always felt that as classic as this fued/comparison is, it is a comparison of two emcees of two totally different calibres. As a lot have posted already, 'Pac in his prime was never about flow or clever lyricism, it was all about the passion, experience and stories of life. Everything he rapped about came from somewhere/someone/something that would inspire him to spit with such conviction because it was all real. Having said that, his multi-syllable rhyming was ahead of the game at the time, not many other rappers in the mainstream scene of '94-'96 were making more than word per bar rhyme. Biggie on the other hand was all about the flow and the sound of the rhymes, his voice almost becoming another instrument to his funky instrumentals. His subject matter is much more oriented with, money, hoes and partying, a less of the darker side of life, so we didn't relate to him much as a dude who got emotions across like the way 'Pac did, but more for his fun, party, mainstream bangers. So to me, they are of different leagues.

But for the record, I'm all for 'Pac! :P

Comment

For me it is Tupac, no doubt.

Biggie is super good too, but I don't think he was on the same level as pac. I love biggies storytelling flow and his voice. To me biggie is the biggest in clothing size

Pacs voice is to vibrant u can hear it anywhere, it will reach u. His message is also coming straight from the heart, u can feel it. like he said he will not rap about "keep ya head up" if he don't feel like it and he wasn't when everybody trashed on him.
                  Pac also could manage to take out the best outta the rappers he was making a song together with, incredible.
                  "Yo Krazy B". "You know what, When u said that last time, I was kind of trippin right, but now yo right, I am crazy, but you know waht else, I don't give a fuck" (Above the rim)
                  "A coward dies a thousand deaths, A soldiers dies but once." (Tupac)
                  "I am the punishment of god. If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." (Ghengis Khan)

Comment

honestly pac as an overall artist. pac spoke from the heart you felt him in his songs. biggie to me were just words had a flow.

and after i heard his mom say biggie went every year to jamaica and started selling crack to get designer jeans i thought ok.

but in juicy you say you had to eat sardines for diner wtf

biggie to me is fake
                    pac real.
                    GO HABS GO!!!!

sigpic

Comment

They are both greats in their own way always! So 2Pac AND BIG. can't have one without the other in my world.

Comment

Story telling, flow, breath control etc all of these things thats true to New York hip hop goes to Big,Pac had bigger heart, had more emotion in his lyrics, workaholic, loose cannon etc.

There are long periods of time where Pac just doesnt do it for me and i look for rappers with more "skills" on the mic, and then after some time i get in the mood for some Pac and then that's all i want to hear.
                        I ain't choosing sides
                        Hell nah,fuck everybody
                        It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
                        Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
                        Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
                        I'm bullet proof
                        Blazed up on top of my man's roof
                        Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
                        Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
                        It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
                        Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

2pac always my go to, love both, but find myself listening to pac then big, perhaps due to the amount to listen to?

Comment

grew up in NY. still prefer Pac's music.

Comment

Just feel like it's such an apples and oranges conversation, people like each one for completely different reasons

Comment

- Steez 4 President -

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X