I bust at Bad Boy, Mobb Deep and murder The Firm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bust at Bad Boy, Mobb Deep and murder The Firm

Never knew wtf 2upac was on about with the firm in War Games. Found out not long ago it was a group formed with Nas, some other people with an album produced by Dr Dre? the album flopped like a donkeys you know what, the group dismembered not long after & Dre was criticised for it being his worst work to date

Haven't had a chance to listen to the album yet but has anyone else? & what you think of it. I'm more particularly interested in the Dr Dre side of it

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Was a horrific album .. Firm Biz was main track and even that sucked - very retro or dull! Was suppose to be a dream team album for hip hop but yeah flop is putting it lightly, something like 500 k total units total sold. For this time period it had to be pretty shitty album to sell that little considering artist on album. Back then you couldn't d/l albums that easy so usually people bought them not really ever hearing a track. You can only imagine how many people word of mouth said don't buy album its a waste of money in order for it to sell this little.

Dre was probably looking for his next big ticket in the East since he wasn't welcome in the west lol. Guess he's lucking to have stumbled on Eminem couple years later.

Comment

Was this the group with foxy brown?

I thought it was pretty good lol

Wasn't kurupt with foxy then?
      Letz be friendz

Comment

u dont know about the firm?? where have u been when rap was big international???

Comment

Originally posted by 122 View Post
          Wasn't kurupt with foxy then?

Comment

Originally posted by Skanless View Post
            u dont know about the firm?? where have u been when rap was big international???
            I was like 9 years old lol. Chart music is different overseas. & back then I was listening to Spice Girls cause I had a "crush" on Ginger

Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
              I was like 9 years old lol. Chart music is different overseas. & back then I was listening to Spice Girls cause I had a "crush" on Ginger
              ROFL!!!! thanks to my older sisters who showed me rap when i was 8 years old, and i directly loved it. u had a crush on ginger?? i had a crush on mel b, even as a young motherfucker i loved the ebony and huge asses damnnnnn i was wanking to her pictures

Comment

I bust at Bad Boy, Mobb Deep and murder The Firm

Shouldve been a smash, but it flopped. Nas, az, Cormega, foxy brown with dre on the boards. I dont think it got a lot of love due to dres association with death row (even though hed left at that point)

Comment

Originally posted by Skanless View Post
                  ROFL!!!! thanks to my older sisters who showed me rap when i was 8 years old, and i directly loved it. u had a crush on ginger?? i had a crush on mel b, even as a young motherfucker i loved the ebony and huge asses damnnnnn i was wanking to her pictures
                  My sister was also my first introduction @ around that age

I didn't like Mel B...I think it was because she had the hair of clown

I'll continue this discussion into my Quest For Hip Hop thread

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
                    I was introduced to Spice Girls before 2Pac in 1997. I remember watching this on MTV when it first came out.

Comment

dre went east
                      snoop went south
                      firm needed more cormega

i figure pac was throwing proximity mines with that diss, "if the shoe fits, the diss will apply" type-shit

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X