This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
    @<a href="http://www.2pac-forum.com/member.php?u=2846" target="_blank">AK47</a>

Oh man thank you bro, love it!! Reminds me of my teenage days, mash up of a lot of my fav tunes!!

Big UP!!!

Recently bought a (Bigg Ocean Mobb) Promo Tape and there were snippets of a song I never heard before, I had to shazam it and I really dig it!!

[MENTION=7241]THROWED I know you gonna love it bro, but I guess you know this already!

Last edited by AK47; 02-14-2020, 05:23 PM.
    "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

• [MENTION=691]MarkyMark [MENTION=2846]AK47 Was this a one-off at stage or did they actually record something together ?

Comment

[MENTION=691]MarkyMark [MENTION=2846]AK47 Was this a one-off at stage or did they actually record something together ?

Ain't sure but not that I know off...

Interesting stuff I’ve found about that show LOL Classic Shabba

Ranks On The Word

Ranks promoted his sexuality and manliness through his lyrical content, which led to the song Slow And Sexy (from X-Tra Naked) being banned by some radio stations. Ranks was a guest on Channel 4's live music programme The Word in 1992 along with white rapper Marky Mark, and the two were scheduled to perform together at the end of the show. A video feature highlighting the apparently homophobic content of ragga music, citing examples of Shabba and then rising star Buju Banton, ended with an examination of Banton's current release Boom Bye Bye which appeared to condone the shooting of batty boys (Jamaican slang for homosexuals), as did Ranks' own Wicked Inna Bed.

Co-host Mark Lamarr then asked Ranks if he was a fan of Banton's, at which Ranks went off on something of a tangent, to booing and protests from some of the studio audience: "Most definitely for them that forfeit the law of God Almighty, you deserve crucifixion, most definitely. I live by the concept of the Bible, which is the righteousness of every human being, and the Bible states that man should multiply. The multiplication is done by a male and a female." At this point, Lamarr, who had been growing angry during this digression, shouted, "That's absolute crap and you know it!" and continued to berate Ranks while the audience cheered and applauded. Marky Mark was asked to comment and refused to condemn Ranks' comments. At the end of the show, Lamarr stated to camera that he could not find it in his heart to forgive Ranks, and the show ended with Ranks performing while Mark waited to join him.

The show was repeated the following night, when most of the above had been edited out and the Ranks solo replaced with him and Mark singing together, filmed after the Friday show had ended. Since then, circulated clips of the incident appear to have been toned down: in any case, the press (mainly in America) slammed Ranks (who subsequently apologised), and Banton (who was unrepentant) received death threats. Contrary to common belief, however, this did not affect Ranks' popularity in the UK, where re-releases of Mr. Loverman and Housecall in 1993 made it his most commercially successful year ever, with X-Tra Naked winning a Grammy Award as Best Reggae Album.

He was dropped by Epic after 1995's A Mi Shabba, and has released no orginal studio material since then, although he is rumoured to be working on a new album. He currently resides in New York City.
        "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

• "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
          If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
          but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
          -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
          -Tupac Shakur

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• [MENTION=2846]AK47

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
                If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

• Comment

[MENTION=691]MarkyMark [MENTION=2846]AK47 Was this a one-off at stage or did they actually record something together ?

think it was a one time thing but never say never!!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
                          Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

• Comment

• [MENTION=16430]HBK

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

• this shit

Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
                                Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X