Looks dope.
    unofficial 2pac scene discord
    https://discord.gg/P6wN2vGJMe

Is 2pac in it?

Comment

"Wanna get it on till I die" starts playing in the movie hahaha

Comment

watched it friday on disney+
        Remember this face, save me a place, in Thugz Mansion.

Comment

Yes. Indeed good movie

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't watch movies these days anymore. To much propaganda in them nowadays.

Fuck, i don't watch television anymore either. I download what i want to see & that's it.

Comment

You will enjoy The Critical Drinker. He’s a YouTube reviewer. It’s better than watching the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
                I don't watch movies these days anymore. To much propaganda in them nowadays.
                Kinda ironic coming from someone who posts anti vaccine propaganda pics from Twitter lol

I didn't watch the movie. In fact haven't seen a marvel dc whatever comic movie since Dark Knight Rises

Comment

So yeah, this thread was all a part of my stubborn retort to the Discussion forum being crowded with fan edits lately. I was fully expecting to see this thread moved. :P

**GENERAL MCU SPOILERS*'

I watched half the movie last night then fell asleep. Not cause it was boring or anything, I was just tired as hell. I do want to say this though: Having watched Wandavision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and then Loki, this movie felt really underwhelming. I'm assuming the choice to kill off Black Widow had to do with Scarlett not wanting to do any more movies. I know the regimes they go through to be in shape for the movies are pretty wild, and I think that's also why Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans wanted to be let go. It's understandable. With live action movies, you have to take the human beings playing the characters into account. With voice acting, less so. So the only way I can understand them killing off Black Widow is cause Scarlett didn't want to sign another deal. Which sucks, because in the comics and animated movies/series, the "main" Avengers play a large role in battling a lot of the iconic villains. Now that they're introducing Kang the Conqueror, and then not having Iron Man or Captain America there to fight him, just feels weird. So I really hope no one else is leaving the MCU. I want more of the original characters, I don't feel like their stories are "done" or whatever. But I get that the actors might be done with the MCU gig. It just sucks and reminds me that even though comics and animated movies might not be as exciting to read or watch, they're a better medium for these kinds of serialized stories. I am pretty hopeful about the fact that they're developing a lot more content, though. So we'll have the same amount of, or more movies per year than we've grown to be accustomed to, but in addition they'll be sprinkled with tons of limited shows in between. I wish there was more interconnectedness than there already is in the MCU, though. I get that that's also a money issue, but their method seems to be to anchor the shows and movies to one another by having lesser paid actors play in the series. Like Darcy and that cop (Woo?) in Wandavision, or Ross in Black Widow. It felt weird not seing Thor once in the Loki show, but Chris Hemsworth probably has a movie deal and probably would blow the budget on the series if they were to extend it. If he even wants to. Since Jane is becoming a female Thor in the next movie, maybe he's leaving the MCU too. So I dunno, I'm excited for now, but I feel like the first three phases will never be topped. They were a nerd fantasy come true. Now we're left with second generation "Young Avengers" and it's not quite the same. I did think Jonathan Majors was really good as a variant of Kang, though, and am wondering how they'll implement him as his "Conqueror" variant. If he'll have his helmet on with the fish face, or if he's gonna pull a "Heath Ledger" and do something crazy different and cool. Or if he's gonna fuck up and pull a Jared Leto. I hope at least Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Thor and Doctor Strange stay around for a while longer. I also think they should have made it so Sam Wilson somehow got the super soldier serum in him and became a 1 for 1 replacement of the old Captain America. I don't see how they could incorporate him having no superpowers now that the MCU is reaching out into space and the even bigger villains. Which makes me fear that his "Captain America" movie is gonna be like Black Widow, and then he gets phased out of the current main story line.
                  Last edited by Preach; 07-19-2021, 12:42 AM.

Comment

I saw it. Pretty enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                      Kinda ironic coming from someone who posts anti vaccine propaganda pics from Twitter lol

I didn't watch the movie. In fact haven't seen a marvel dc whatever comic movie since Dark Knight Rises
                      Lol, propaganda comes in many forms. I don't need to see movies where they promote all kinds bullshit. Nowadays it's the transgender/white supremacy/blacks are victims playbook n shit.

Comment

*** GENERAL MCU SPOILERS****

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
                        Lol, propaganda comes in many forms. I don't need to see movies where they promote all kinds bullshit. Nowadays it's the transgender/white supremacy/blacks are victims playbook n shit.
                        Do you not trust in your own ability to not be affected by propaganda by compensating for it by having a strong opinion that you don't deviate from?

For example, in "Falcon and the Winter Soldier", that speech Anthony Mackie does in the last episode..... Yeah, I agree with you, that shit was totally unnecessary. To me, anyway. Maybe a lot of black folks thought it was swell, or maybe some even feel the same way I do. Either way, I don't let that stuff detract from the experience. I mean, Black Widows is obviously a girl power movie. But in the real world, girls also do fight, so I just kinda... let it happen without letting it affect my ideas about boys and girls, or women and men. I believe what I believe, a movie won't change that, and I also expect everyone to have an agenda. I just shut my brain off the moment that kind of stuff rolls over the screen, and then back on when we get back to the good, nerdy stuff. Like when shows go to commercial. I weave in and out for the interesting stuff. I do it in conversations with people, too. When people start talking about how they came into the kitchen and all the cupboards were open and they're sure it's their grandmother on the other side, I just smile through my teeth and think "oh jesus fucking christ" to myself. I no more or less believe in ghosts than before the conversation. :P

Wbat I like about these kinds of movies is the interconnectedness. When Iron Man died in End Game, it was like a light version of the red wedding from Game of Thrones. It's the kind of touching that a single movie can't establish for me, because part of the bittersweetness of it all is the fact that he's actually been in my "world" for a long time when he disappeared. Within a single movie, I know the characters for max the duration of the movie. It works in TV shows because they also allow for a lot more buildup. And then I just say "omglol" whenever they get political/social justice oriented and wait for the next good mindfuck or eyecandy.
                        Last edited by Preach; 07-20-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Preach View Post

Do you not trust in your own ability to not be affected by propaganda by compensating for it by having a strong opinion that you don't deviate from?

For example, in "Falcon and the Winter Soldier", that speech Anthony Mackie does in the last episode..... Yeah, I agree with you, that shit was totally unnecessary. To me, anyway. Maybe a lot of black folks thought it was swell, or maybe some even feel the same way I do. Either way, I don't let that stuff detract from the experience. I mean, Black Widows is obviously a girl power movie. But in the real world, girls also do fight, so I just kinda... let it happen without letting it affect my ideas about boys and girls, or women and men. I believe what I believe, a movie won't change that, and I also expect everyone to have an agenda. I just shut my brain off the moment that kind of stuff rolls over the screen, and then back on when we get back to the good, nerdy stuff. Like when shows go to commercial. I weave in and out for the interesting stuff. I do it in conversations with people, too. When people start talking about how they came into the kitchen and all the cupboards were open and they're sure it's their grandmother on the other side, I just smile through my teeth and think "oh jesus fucking christ" to myself. I no more or less believe in ghosts than before the conversation. :P

Wbat I like about these kinds of movies is the interconnectedness. When Iron Man died in End Game, it was like a light version of the red wedding from Game of Thrones. It's the kind of touching that a single movie can't establish for me, because part of the bittersweetness of it all is the fact that he's actually been in my "world" for a long time when he disappeared. Within a single movie, I know the characters for max the duration of the movie. It works in TV shows because they also allow for a lot more buildup. And then I just say "omglol" whenever they get political/social justice oriented and wait for the next good mindfuck or eyecandy.
                          I´m just sick and tired of seeing it. Also, i fucking hate movies nowadays. I´ll watch old school shit i can really enjoy. But i get your point.
                          Going to watch the 3 Friday movies one of these days again, never gets old.

Comment

^^ I actually did Aliens from 86 last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Preach View Post
                              ^^ I actually did Aliens from 86 last night.
                              Great movie series.

I did the whole Nightmare on Elm street series a few weeks back. Some parts are a little corny, and i had to laugh instead of being scared. lol.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X