Ice Cube’s Hit Movie ‘Are We There Yet?’ Heads To TV As Sitcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cube’s Hit Movie ‘Are We There Yet?’ Heads To TV As Sitcom

After grossing more than $82 million at the box office in 2005, Ice Cube's "Are We There Yet?" has been picked up for TV, and will make its way to TBS as a comedy series.

TBS orderd up 10 episodes of the upcoming sitcom, which will star Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris) and based around the hit film.

"Terry Crews is the perfect person to replace me as Nick," Ice Cube said. "His physical comedy is undeniable."

It is slated to premiere in June 2010, with the option for an additional 90 episodes. It will be produced by Ice Cube's Cube Vision film company and distributed by Debmar-Mercury, with Revolution's Joe Roth and Cube Vision's Ice Cube and Matt Alvarez serving as executive producers.

In addition to executive-producing, Ice Cube will have a recurring role.

The 2005 film told the story of Nick (Ice Cube), a smooth operator who is trying to land a date with Suzanne, a divorcee stuck working out of town over New Year's and miserable because she misses her kids. Nick gallantly offers to make her New Year's wish come true -- and his own in the process -- by driving her two children to be reunited with their mom. What Nick doesn't know is that Suzanne's children, whom he's never met, hate every man their mom dates on sight.

It's huge success spawned a sequel in 2007 called "Are We Done Yet?"
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

Every time I here about Ice Cube doing something related to movies and tv I always think back 2 tupac. Where would he be if he was alive today..I always think he would be out doing movies and tv big time.

Comment

Ice cube is underrated at everything he does. He's a brilliant rapper. One of the godfathers of gangsta rap, and he'sable to hold his own on every movie he does. I dont like him as much as pac as a rapper, but he's twice the actor that tupac was.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X