LEGO Sequel Will Be Helmed by COMMUNITY Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEGO Sequel Will Be Helmed by COMMUNITY Director

Community director Rob Schrab has been hired to take over the directing duties for The LEGO Movie sequel. The movie is still being written and produced by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who developed and directed the first movie. With the dynamic duo taking on the script, the sequel is sure to have the same level of awesomeness as the first film. I’m sure they’ll also have a heavy hand in helping bring the movie to life.

There are no plot details at this point, and I imagine we won’t know anything regarding the film for a long time. It won’t even be released until 2018. In the meantime, Warner Bros. will release Ninjago on September 23rd, 2016, and the LEGO Batman Movie is scheduled for May of 2017. So we’ll have all the LEGO greatness we can handle until the sequel comes out.

Greg Silverman, the studio's president of creative development and worldwide production, had this to say about the production and the hiring of Schrab:

“The LEGO Movie captivated critics and audiences on a global scale with its irresistible blend of humor, imagination and fun. Warner Bros. is excited to build our relationship with The Lego Group with this new adventure, and we join them in welcoming the multi-talented Rob Schrab to the Lego family as he takes the helm of The Lego Movie Sequel.”

Schrab isn’t the first director to hit the big movie scene from Community. Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo also made the big leap from the comedy series, and they’re doing very well for themselves. I'm sure Schrab will thrive in the movie industry as well.

They should title it 'Duplo'.
    It make homos game at females.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X