Megan Fox Has Some Choice Words for TMNT Haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megan Fox Has Some Choice Words for TMNT Haters

I’m pretty sure no one is excited about the new Michael Bay-produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. The character design, casting decisions, rumored changes to the origin story, even recent posters have elicited jeers from fans, especially those of us who grew up reading the comics and/or watching the original series and movies (Like, why did they change Irma’s* name to “Taylor” and cast Abby Elliott? Fuck that noise). Cinema Blend reports that at a press conference last Friday, Megan Fox, who plays April O’Neil for some reason known only to God, responded to a a question about the backlash and had some choice words for fanboys (and girls):

"Let me tell you something about those people. How much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people can complain – they all go to the theater. They're gonna love it – and if they don't love it, they can fuck off, and that's the end of that."

I kind of get where Fox is coming from. Fans have never been kind to her, especially when she was cast in TMNT. She has expressed frustration with this, feeling that this kind of backlash has hurt her career. “[April] is an ambitious journalist that's not making it the way that she wants to be because people underestimate her," she told HitFix. Adding sarcastically, "I couldn't possibly relate to that." If she didn’t have a “fuck the haters” outlook, she would probably spend all of her time crying on the bathroom floor. But at the same time, I feel like it is a point of honor that none of us pay to see this movie now.

What she’s really saying is that it doesn’t matter what kind of crap she and Bay** throw on the wall, we’re still going to shell out for it. She says we can fuck off after we’ve paid to see the movie and hated it. Well, sorry, Megan, I think this time I’m not going to watch you guys throw a bunch of explosions on top of my childhood memories.

Directed by Jonathan Liebesman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles also stars Will Arnett, William Fichtner, Noel Fisher, Whoopi Goldberg, K. Todd Freeman, Danny Woodburn, Jeremy Howard, Pete Ploszek, Alan Ritchson, and Minae Noji. It opens this Friday, August 8, and I think I’ll be washing my hair.

> How much money did Transformers 4 make?

Yup, exactly. No matter how shitty it is, it's going to make a ton of money. Transformers was shit from the first one, yet they made four of them!?

> Well, sorry, Megan, I think this time I’m not going to watch you guys throw a bunch of explosions on top of my childhood memories.

Doesn't matter, no one cares: they rest of society is going to inundated with advertising across the board pushing this, so it's going to be profitable no matter what. It's a product to be sold, not a film, and she's just a pretty face thrown in to draw in the dudes.
    It make homos game at females.

Comment

Originally posted by coughdrops View Post
      > How much money did Transformers 4 make?

Yup, exactly. No matter how shitty it is, it's going to make a ton of money. Transformers was shit from the first one, yet they made four of them!?

> Well, sorry, Megan, I think this time I’m not going to watch you guys throw a bunch of explosions on top of my childhood memories.

Doesn't matter, no one cares: they rest of society is going to inundated with advertising across the board pushing this, so it's going to be profitable no matter what. It's a product to be sold, not a film, and she's just a pretty face thrown in to draw in the dudes.
      That's the thing though the reason these are being put back out and being remade is more for the new generations of kids and which is why they still gross very high.I betcha half the kids if not all them that went to see this movie haven't even seen the old ones.It sucks though the old school movies were classics but as technology advances i am afraid all were going to see nowadays is cgi

Comment

Have to agree with her. People hate it, but still go to see these shit films. I personally can't waste my money on this stuff!!!

Comment

can't wait to see the film.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X