At The Box Office: ‘Transformers’ Sequel Smashes Weekend Box Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At The Box Office: ‘Transformers’ Sequel Smashes Weekend Box Office

The weekend box office was owned by alien robots. You might have heard of them, they're called Transformers.

The Transformers sequel, "Revenge of the Fallen," smashed box office numbers, set records, and pulled in $201.2 million since opening on Wednesday (June 24). That number is only domestic ticket sales.

Overseas, it pulled in $185.8 million, bringing its worldwide total to $387 million, half the global total for the first "Transformers."

The films performance was second only to last summer's "The Dark Knight", which brought in $203.8 million in its first five days. However, it hold the biggest opening weekend of this year, surpassing the $85.1 million debut of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" in early May.

With $14.4 million at 169 IMAX theaters, "Transformers" set a record for a five-day opening in the giant-screen format, nearly doubling the previous best of $7.3 million set by "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."

The weekend's other wide release was Cameron Diaz's "My Sister's Keeper," getting buried with a #5 thanks to the "Transformers" madness. It pulled in just over $12 million, faring better than some of Diaz's latest films, including "The Holiday" and "In Her Shoes."

Last week's box office winner "The Proposal", starring Sandra Bullock, fell to #2 this week pulling in another $18.4 million, while "The Hangover" landed at #3 with $17.2 million.

At #4 was "Up" with $13 million, "Year One" lands at #6 with $5.8 million, #7 is "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3" with $5.4 million, and at #8 is "Star Trek" with $3.6 million.

This week, starting Wednesday (July 1) Johnny Depp's new "Public Enemies" will hit theaters alongside a new installment of the animated Fox series "Ice Age".
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com

i have heard this movie is dope as fuck
    too bad im a poor mexican livin in the bario
    im prolly gonna still watch though
    Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

i was told not to watch it the first time on a bootleg but to go see it in theaters for the great effects
      F-N-F
      THE REMIX KING
      / Certified Music Critic

Comment

Originally posted by Fatal-N-Felony View Post
        i was told not to watch it the first time on a bootleg but to go see it in theaters for the great effects
        me too
        i was gonna watch the bootleg
        but was told that it would ruin it
        so i am gonna go watch it in the
        theaters
        i just dont know when
        Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

I had a feeling this would be good and most of the reviews say so aswell.

The first 1 was good and this one is better i heard.

Going to watch it on the weekend

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X