Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will We Ever See Another ‘Blair Witch Project’ Sequel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will We Ever See Another ‘Blair Witch Project’ Sequel?

Way back in 1999, a little indie horror flick by the name of The Blair Witch Project, hit the scene. There soon after it exploded into a global phenomenon, found-footage was what everyone wanted and to this day many still do. I loved it, it was definitely an experience and one that I shall never forget.

Then a sequel came along, Book of Shadows, and I just couldn’t get into it. It just wasn’t for me, but I know many of you like it and it has also, in its own right, became some what of a cult classic. Then, it went dead. Fans of the franchise obviously wanted another sequel and the years went by and nothing.

Now, several years later, Lionsgate own the rights to the Blair Witch franchise and basically the ball is in their court, so could we see another sequel? Well, recently Movies.com spoke with co-creator of the franchise, Eduardo Sanchez, about the possibility of another sequel.

When asked if Lionsgate have plans for a sequel to Blair Witch, Sanchez replied with the following;

Lionsgate owns the property, so it’s obviously up to them right now. We’ve been talking to them for the past four or five years about doing it, but there’s nothing really in the works right now with us. But I think you’re right and maybe just being back at Lionsgate will help move things forward on another Blair Witch movie.

Sanchez continues;

Our plan for the sequel is definitely not doing a found-footage movie. It took a while for people to just figure out what Blair had done; I’m not sure why. The film was so experimental and kind of came out of nowhere so people didn’t know what to think of it and weren’t sure if that style could be repeated.

I thought they already did a sequel and it failed. Sometimes they should leave things the way they are.

Comment

lol blair witch 1 was awesome, the end olala. 2nd was good for me, unexpected tricky ending.

Our plan for the sequel is definitely not doing a found-footage movie.
      fail.
      He was a nice middle class nigga
      But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
      Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

i guess the question is do we need a 3rd one? im always up for new options if its done right lol

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
          i guess the question is do we need a 3rd one? im always up for new options if its done right lol
          the question is do we need another found footage movie ? and yes hell we need another one i like that kinda movies
          He was a nice middle class nigga
          But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
          Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X