Scarface Remake To Be Directed By David Yates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarface Remake To Be Directed By David Yates

Yes, Scarface is set to be remade again, and Harry Potter director David Yates is in final negotiations to helm it for Universal Pictures. This will be the third Scarface film. The first one was released in 1932, which focused on Chicago bootlegging, the second one is the one most of you know, though. That's the 1983 version that starred Al Pacino and focused on Miami cocaine-dealing.

According to Deadline, Universal has gone through a few different writers and scripts, and they say that “Universal has been through a couple of drafts and now is very high on the current draft. The first stop is the director. This is before any conversations on talent or timing.” It looks like Yates is going to be that director.

The site goes on to say that this movie "is not a remake or sequel but a reboot of a crime kingpin who through a ruthless campaign of ambition goes in hot pursuit of his American Dream – whatever that is in this decade."

Yates is an extremely talented guy, and this is a very different movie project for him. It will be interesting to see how this reboot turns out, and what the drug of choice will be this time around.

Do you think this remake will live up to the previous Scarface films?

As long as it's not a straight rip of the Pacino version, then I think it could be good.

Comment

well both are classics and we will see what they going to produce.
      i think it is important, that the story must be in the foreground and not some supa dupa FX effects.
      tight dialogs with a high potential to quote a classic movie could be the key. of course you need authentic thriller elements.
      Last edited by blacpain; 08-09-2013, 09:15 AM.
      collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

How much you wanna bet everyones gonna moan, bitch and discredit it to the Pacino version regardless how good or bad it is.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
        Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
          How much you wanna bet everyones gonna moan, bitch and discredit it to the Pacino version regardless how good or bad it is.
          i bet i will do this.
          after pacinos outstanding performance, the next actor will have hard times.

ps: Yes, Scarface is set to be remade again, and Harry Potter director David Yates cool.
          He was a nice middle class nigga
          But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
          Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

wtf makes people think david yates is the right man for this film.
            just look at his filmography, none of his films are even close to being something like a gangster film, or anything vaguely close to that theme. they're obviously getting some big name director to make do anything as some quick shot for money, like that film gangster squad.

fucking hollywood

Comment

why remake a timeless classic?
              Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by chatzon View Post
                i bet i will do this.
                after pacinos outstanding performance, the next actor will have hard times.

ps: Yes, Scarface is set to be remade again, and Harry Potter director David Yates cool.
                yeah even to think about comparing Brian De Palma with Harry Potter director David Yates is hilarious as fuck hohoho

Comment

Originally posted by Al C4ponE View Post
                  yeah even to think about comparing Brian De Palma with Harry Potter director David Yates is hilarious as fuck hohoho
                  in this case its almost only a question of whos the actor, since scarface story was "random gangsta movie" but pacino with his passion is unbelievable, i am a movie freak to say it like that, and i dont know a really good actor who would fit the remade....denzel did great (as always) in amercan gangstas but in this case we need a white dude...but bradpitt or some like that naaaaa wudnt fit...so im curious about what actor they will choose.

omg this thread made me look scarface again, such a masterpiece.

the new scarface will be like : Locomotor Mortis, MATHAFACKA! MAYNE!
                  He was a nice middle class nigga
                  But nobody knew the evil he'd do When he got a little bigger
                  Shorty Wanna Be A Thug - Tupac

Comment

Seriously, why does hollywood need to remake everything. Cant they come up with original ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
                      I will lol

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X