• Show
Clear All

• Sad movie

Lauren London! I finally watched it.

Comment

• The mule

Comment

• Comment

• My friend invited me to an Amway seminar in 2005. He wanted to recruit me but I wasn't interested.

Comment

• I watched it again.

Comment

• Pick Up the Mic (2006)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION (provided by Amazon.com)

PICK UP THE MIC is the definitive film about the world of queer hip-hop.

Shot over a three-year period in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Minneapolis, Houston and even the Ozarks, the film captures the birth of the "homohop" movement and chronicles its growth into a global community of out artists that has emerged and thrived despite improbably odds. More than a dozen LGBT rappers expose their lives and take to the stage in searing and triumphant performances that challenge the traditionally homophobic world of hip-hop. Many of these performers meet and collaborate for the very first time as we follow their journeys.

PICK UP THE MIC is a story about family, support and true evolution. In the words of homohop pioneers Deep Dickollective, "Queer boys doing hip-hop is a revolutionary act! Queer girls doing hip-hop is a revolutionary act!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loved it from start to finish. Highly recommended for everyone, especially Hip Hop fans!

RATING: 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxerSantaros View Post
                I watched it again.

i'm gonna give this a go. been selling/throwing/giving away my stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
                  i'm gonna give this a go. been selling/throwing/giving away my stuff.
                  Nice. If you want, let me know what you think of it. I'm a minimalist and miser. It highly influences how I spend time, money and energy. Being a minimalist helps me focus on things I truly care about in my life.

Comment

• It's To All the Boys I've Loved Before. It's about Lara whose love letters are sent to previous crushes of hers by Kitty. This turns her quite existence upside down. To deal with the case, she starts a fake relationship with a boy. I personally really like this movie. How can I say, I have been addicted to it. Not just watched it many times, but listening to it while working, eating, gaming on my beloved mantigames, and even when sleeping. Will rate it 9/10. It's great for those scared of having a real romantic relationship, those who love handwriting notes for their significant other, and those still finding it impossible to move out of their comfort zone. Watching the movie makes me feel younger, too.

Comment

Nice. If you want, let me know what you think of it. I'm a minimalist and miser. It highly influences how I spend time, money and energy. Being a minimalist helps me focus on things I truly care about in my life.
                      I enjoyed it, put a few things into perspective. I felt really embarrassed seeing those black friday crowds going crazed and those crowds camping out for the latest phone and getting all excited like they'd cured cancer. i'm really picky these days about "stuff" that i buy, i really think about if i need it. i definitely used to be very impulsive. at one point i owned some of the rarest eminem stuff you could get and i found the "thrill" of the experience was actually in the chase of the items, actually having the items in my hands/storage box did nothing for me. strange!!!

and to get back on topic last movie I watched was T2 on 4K UHD - looks fucking fantastic. hoping for a full release with the full movie on 4k one day!!

Comment

• O.G. ( 2018 )

A maximum-security prison inmate named Louis, who, 24 years after committing a violent crime as a young man, finds himself on the cusp of release from prison, facing an uncertain future on the outside. He encounters Beech, a newly incarcerated young man who offers him much needed-friendship, though it's not without unfortunate complications. The younger inmate echoes of his older counterpart, stirring instincts within Louis that had long been buried beneath a tough exterior.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/..._SX675_AL_.jpg

Too many melodramatic scenes for my taste, it's a slow movie, but without finding more about the main character.

Comment

• Last edited by BoxerSantaros; 03-17-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I liked a youtube comment that was made in response to the opening words of this trailer:

"What is Capitalism?"
                            "It rewards those who work hard."
                            "But it also rewards those who take advantage of others."

Agree with the second part.

And the last movie I saw was...

Last edited by Proletarian; 03-17-2019, 06:59 PM.
                            "The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas".

Comment

• 6.5/10

Comment

• Certified Classic

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X