This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mussolini View Post
    idk it was supposed to be funny but it wasnt really de niro and scorsese have better movies
    i think thats where you got it all wrong, the film wasn't meant to be funny, at all - that's way of theme

Comment

• Originally posted by JackV View Post
      i think thats where you got it all wrong, the film wasn't meant to be funny, at all - that's way of theme
      then what, I didnt like the plot either. its not that I hated the movie its just that there are much better ones

Comment

• G.I. Joe Retaliation ...8/10

Now You See Me ...9/10 ...dope movie

Oblivion ...6,5/10 ...I expected much more

My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
        Vinyls: 60
        Cassettes: 110
        CDs: 216

Comment

• 8/10

Comment

• 42 10/10 worth to see!!!

Comment

• Heres my full review posted at Letterboxd (if anyone gives a shit) its a 10/10 btw

"Eric Rohmer sits in a special place in my heart of one of my favourite film directors of all time, and this is the epitomy of the artistic and insightful extensions of his imagination.

Another special place in my heart is reserved for psycho-sexual cinema, which include some of my favourite films (and books) of all time; Belle de Jour, Solaris, Viridiana, Love in The Afternoon, Persona, The Silence, the list goes on. For books I could say Bonjour Tristesse and the great Lolita.

My Night at Maud's, glares out for two fundamental aspects; simplicity and dialogue. Apart from the Parisian theme, and the Parisian women, there is not much visually enticing, the settings for shooting are by no means extravagant and nor is the plot in any way. The plot is however, insightful. It explores psychological sexuality with the most vivid, lucid and resplendent dexterity. It even includes a theological aspect which plays well with the overall exploration of the one truly intriguing subject; temptation.

You could feel Rohmer's intricacy in his eloquent and beauteous script, which I believe is as artistic as great literature. The film is mostly dialogue, and is sort of in the form of Plato's 'The Replublic'. Though the conversations themselves feel largely Dostoevskian, in a provocative and sexually alacritous way.

Its simplicity too plays a large role, it is a composure of acting and dialogue that evokes an almost sombre yet tranquil radiance that sustains ones interests and brings upon a unique feeling and emotion to the film. This feeling I've had with other Rohmer films, and even Antonioni films like Red Desert and L'Avventura. A brisk yet bleak softness that immerses you in the Parisian atmosphere with a depth of reality. Even without much music behind the film, emotions are still evoked sublimely and exhilaratingly - and builds up itself to be like a soft, passionate yet gloomy sonata."

I watched this film which is another 10/10 I loved it. Yet to write a review.

Last edited by JackV; 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• 8.5/10

Comment

• Its A Hood Independent Movie So Most People Wont Like It

But I Give It

7/10

Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
                  Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

• 8/10

Comment

• Old but gold