This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNOUNCEMENT - Gallery Reference

16 years ago today, 2Pac was fatally shot in Las Vegas. Like the soldier he was, he survived for 7 days after being shot.

I thought today would be a good day to announce the release of the next phase of our Reference section, for release on September 13th, the day 2Pac died 16 years ago. This is our way to commemorate the day and keep his legacy going.

As you all know, we have so far brought 4 huge sections of the reference section together. We released the Discography section, with every single 2Pac audio release, most with scans in perfect quality. We released the Video Archive section, with every 2Pac video release, complete with the actual videos for you to watch. We released the Information section, with information about each individual song, lyrics to all songs, and scans of all 2Pac's movies. This section also contains a huge amount of 2Pac Literature, such as Press Kits, Magazine, Articles, Newspapers, etc, complete with scans. And finally we released the Versions section, which details the differences in all the versions of 2Pac's songs.

We are now ready to release the 5th section of the reference section, the Gallery.

This section is a gallery of just about every single released picture of 2Pac. Unlike the many 2Pac Picture threads however, the gallery is completely organized. Each picture has been organized into a group, based on when/and where the picture was taken. In all there is over 100 separate groups of pictures. The groups have been split between Childhood, Pre-Dr, and DR to make it more organized and clean. Just to make sure we got all the pictures, we included EVERY picture posted online anywhere. This of course caused there to be tons of duplicates. We then went through and removed all the duplicates, keeping only the best of each.

We didnt stop there however, along with all the pictures organized in Threads and Posts, we are also releasing the Flash Gallery Reference. The flash gallery is even more amazing than the threads/posts gallery.

Thanks to the HUGE amount of work from our member MrMaroosh (@2Pac) we will bring you the scenes first flash interface for browsing all of the pictures. After hours upon hours of searching, we found what we believe to be the best interface to display these pictures. It's difficult to describe it, so rather than trying, I will say wait until the 13th and see for yourself.

Let's remember the next 7 days as the days 2Pac spent in the hospital in pain, with his death imminent. See you all on the 13th for our release.

#staff #vip #dj

Sounds fucking awesome, great job everyone, cant wait.

Comment

sounds dope man #1 2PAC Forum goes bigger and bigger....soo

one minute silence for today...2pac with pain in hospital...!

Comment

site is growin and growin!

Comment

Thanks I hope to see some pics that I havent seen yet

Comment

oh shit this is amazing
            Can't close my eyes cause all I see is terror
            I hate the man in the mirror
            Cause his reflection makes the pain turn realer

Comment

wow ... an organized gallery will actually make it so much more enjoyable to browse through pics of 2Pac ... I can only imagine the time commitment and want all those involved to know that your effort is much appreciated! Cheers.

Comment

Can't wait to check it out!

Comment

Nice work fella's the reference section is constantly growing and that's great!

Comment

Now this is the stuff that is 100x better than leaks IMO.

Great job Josh and staff.
                    Love.

Comment

A photo gallery sounds awesome! Though i'm assuming, since it's only meant for reference, that all the photos will be scaled down and not in original size/quality? None the less, it's a great new feature and i always hoped someone would do this one day
                      Last edited by Pappa; 09-07-2012, 05:43 PM.
                      Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
                      Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold

Comment

Originally posted by Pappa View Post
                        A photo gallery sounds awesome! Though i'm assuming, since it's only meant for reference, that all the photos will be scaled down and not in original size/quality? None the less, it's a great new feature and i always hoped someone would do this one day
                        negative, these are not attachments. they are the full size full quality pictures.

thats one thing i forgot to mention. MrMaroosh also grabbed the pictures that had multiple copies and kept only the best.

Comment

Originally posted by root View Post
                          negative, these are not attachments. they are the full size full quality pictures.

thats one thing i forgot to mention. MrMaroosh also grabbed the pictures that had multiple copies and kept only the best.
                          Are you serious? That is AWESOME! Respect!
                          Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
                          Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold

Comment

Originally posted by root View Post

amazing, i cant wait to see it

I Know Death Follows Me
                            But
                            I'll Murder Him First

Comment

That'll be 7 hard days waiting.
                              Great Idea btw.
                              Hey Nas, remember that shit you said?
                              I don't know what magazine you said, soome shit how I wasn’t
                              Nobody saying thugs till well whatever, whatever, whatever.
                              Nigga you better really go to a record store go check out some of your albums you been putting out motherfucka
                              We be doing this thug shit for awhile now
                              I know you been listening cause you been biting this shit
                              So uh, recognize and realize, before your ass get rolled on

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X