• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoutbox Update Part 3

This thread is a follow up update to

Shoutbox Update

and

Shoutbox Update Part 2

Long story short, having the shoutbox hosted on our web host server, along with the rest of the site caused huge performance decreases on the server. Because of this I was forced to remove the shoutbox from this site. What I was able to do, was host the shoutbox on my server at home, the same one that hosts NM Radio, NM Video and the FTP. I then used what is called an iFrame to stream the shoutbox from my web server at home, to this site here. I tested it on the Nikola style for a few months and all seems to have gone well. The site performance was not effected by having it stream, rather than hosted.

I am now announcing the full return of the shoutbox on all styles except the dark style. The reasons why it isnt on the dark style are a little confusing, so if you'd like to know why, just drop me a PM. All other styles however have the shoutbox on the main page like the good old days. Even better yet, there is no performance hit on our web hosts server, because all shoutbox processing is done on my server at home. To you the member, you cant even tell the shoutbox isnt actually hosted on this site. By doing some advanced coding, I was able to seamlessly integrate it into the site.

I am leaving the shoutbox tab in place for those who use the dark style, or who would rather have the shoutbox in a seperate tab on your browser.

Please let me know of any questions or issues by PM, Visitor Message on my profile, or by dropping a thread in the Letter to the President section.

hmm, I use the Dark Style -.-
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      All other styles however have the dark style on the main page like the good old days.
      dont get this part .. do u mean shoutbox on the main page.?

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
        YES!
        My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
        Vinyls: 60
        Cassettes: 110
        CDs: 216

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
          oh yea..fail

Comment

lmao ok .. nikola style rulez btw

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X