Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top of the morning to y'all

greetings programs! </tron>

the name is james like lebron and this morning i was working the google image/search thing trying to dig up information on what has to be the greatest 2pac shirt of all time: the OG 2pac/fist logo surrounded by the name of his 2nd LP "strictly for my [i ain't d.o.n.a.l.d.s.t.e.r.l.i.n.g]" and when searching on the logo i noticed a picture that had the a4mentioned 2pac/fist logo encircled by text that said this forum existed, so i had to pop over create an account and say what's good.... of course before i get to the bloviating part where i'm like "hey does anyone know if they ever sold those t-shirts back in the day, or was it on some promo shit?" i have to stop here and give my propers.

in terms of pac.... man, i tell my little-brother/people-who-aint-into-rap that if you were to stop and listen to the current state of top-40-pop-hop you'd realize that no matter what you think of tupac you can do a lot worse than him. one thing that pac's always got over most is that the dude can truly flow/rap/etc. yeah by the time his career got going he had images/mantras/slogans ("thug life!") to maintain so his songs were perhaps a touch contrived in terms of the subject matter attempting to fortify a proper brand (which ended up standing the test of time, unless people decide to completely forget about hiphop's 40-50 year run in the spotlight around the year 2100-2150 or something) --- but hey man, when you've got sirius backspin 46 on or some sort of likeminded hiphop internet radio (anyone got any good suggestions for that btw? i try to avoid the big annoying services like pandora/spotify but there's gotta be some low key underground/ish internet radio cranking out quality rap 24/7/365 somewhere...)

AHEM. but yeah when you get the proper oldschool/ish rap station going and you see/hear that a 2pac cut is coming on, you know that vocal level is getting slid up (cuz 2pac aint no fade-into-the-background guy) and no matter what kind of shit he's saying for whatever ends, at least the dude comes out there and can fucking flow. i mean that's all i ask for nowadays.... especially from pop music. it's like "ok i get it the whole game is a celebration of a cesspool/orgy of materialism on top of beats that sound like they're circling the drain of positivity.... fine, it is what it is and if i voice my objections i'll be branded/labeled a "hater" and life goes on (.... * 4 note drop * HOW MANY BROTHERS FELL VICTIM TO THE STREETS? REST IN PEACE YOUNG BROTHER THERE'S A HEAVEN FOR A G.... REALIZE IF I NEVER TOLD YOU ABOUT DEATH....) but yeah man, TL;DR/#realtalk/whatever --- JUST FUCKING FLOW IT PLZ. i dont give a fuck if you're gonna go 32 bars telling me about how you like to fuck chickens on your ideal saturday afternoon, just flow it plz....

so yeah speaking of that TL;DR, that's kind of my bag and i could go on with tangents and those wandering/tangential/branching thoughts, but i'll spare you guys from my indelible wrath as i settle in and think up the most non-uncouth way to get around to asking about that vintage 2pac/fist logo/shirt/etc... cuz i've obviously got my own HD pictures of the logo from my 12s that have it on there, so i could easily drop that to a giant JPG and press it up on a shirt.... but hey, taht's why i'm here.... to see what the tru playaz (drumandbass respect!) in teh 2pac internet/community have-done/would-do in lieu of literally waking up one saturday morning, seeing the holler if ya hear me video, and thinking "holy shit i need one of those strictly4 shirts!" --- c'est la vie ad infinitum, eh?

take care / give hell / be excellent mon freres! fret not i'm kind of really 90% housebroken for the most part, so if you let me hang around here for a few weeks you're not gonna end up having a dudelike moment where you're like "rugpeers did not do this" because of the many things i hope to do in life, let alone those things i actually plan on, peeing on your rug is not one of those things imma do. rugpeers can't post like i do =D

very nice intro man!!!!

welcome to the forum bro! glad you decided to join the forum

i dont remember if those strictly shirts were ever on sale back then... i know a couple members here got them specially made a couple years ago though

Comment

Welcome to the forum
      You got to deal with me on a whole new level

Comment

Welcome to the site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Comment

welcome and enjoy the forum

Comment

Hello and welcome

Comment

Welcome to 2Pac Forum!! The best place for all things Pac related! Here you're invited to engage in great discussions, discover new information, stay up with the current Pac scene as well as Amaru and official 2Pac stuff!

Here's a few sections I enjoy to help get you started!

Makaveli Discussions - where most of the action takes place.

Collector's Corner - lots of members collect Tupac items of all sorts. Check out some of our great collections!

Polls - Here you can vote on your favorite albums, songs, and more.

Have A Question About A Tupac Song? - like the title says, if you have a question regarding a song, this is where you ask.

2Pac Forum Interviews - This is all of our exclusive interviews with people Pac knew or worked with. We have plenty more to come too! We have written and audio interviews as well as transcribed versions from the audio.

2Pac Forum's Reference Section - This is our baby, our pride, many members have gotten together to make this massive section. It's the largest by far and the most accurate on the internet. It continues to grow too!

I hope these links are useful to you and you enjoy your stay! If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to contact me!

Comment

welcome to 2F

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X