X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site is not secured why?

-------------------------------------------
    "anyone that says he's hiding is calling him a coward. leaders don't run and hide. picture the life he lived and who he associated with and you'll know why he's not here anymore"

Noticed the same a while ago. Browser does not allow logging in.

Comment

It’s because they don’t have HTTPS setup. Info like credit card information and social security numbers are not being sent through this site so it’s not as important here.

If any of the admins would want to set this up I could help, as I am a web developer in my day job.

Comment

Yea same here, I had the problem at work, the page isn't allowed through our filter because of security risks.
        "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

There’s a chrome plugin called https everywhere that might allow you to get by your work filter

Comment

Nowadays all respected sites should be protected, so I cross my fingers that there will be some solution for it
            You got to deal with me on a whole new level

Comment

Free certificates often comes with hosting where it's a matter of activate it on the domain.

Comment

Originally posted by djcoma1200 View Post
                There’s a chrome plugin called https everywhere that might allow you to get by your work filter
                Thanks for the hint

Strangely it wasn’t working with our general Account but meanwhile I have my own account and unlock the PC with my employee ID Card and now it’s working
                "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

[MENTION=1]007 [MENTION=608]Immortal

Comment

Let's Encrypt

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerSantaros View Post
                      Before this existed you had to pay like $100/year or more for a certificate. Now they’re free if you have a good host. Some hosts don’t support it though because they still want to make $ off the certificates. (looking at you GoDaddy)

Comment

Before this existed you had to pay like $100/year or more for a certificate. Now they’re free if you have a good host. Some hosts don’t support it though because they still want to make $ off the certificates. (looking at you GoDaddy)
                        You're right about pricing. I stopping using GoDaddy for web hosting last year. GoDaddy supports Let's Encrypt but you have to manually renew your certificate every 90 days. They don't give SSH access on a shared hosting plan.

Install a Let's Encrypt certificate on your cPanel hosting account

Comment

Fixed, but i changed password

Comment

What is the benefit of an SSL on a site like this that has 1) usernames / passwords, but 2) no Credit Card information and is 3) heavy text/data driven. What would we lose out on by not having an SSL? WHat's the risk?

Comment

why?

here is the answer
                              My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                              Vinyls: 60
                              Cassettes: 110
                              CDs: 216

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X