This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mr President...

I was wondering what you thought about adding on a feature, & what ya'll thought about the feature as well

On some forums, I see at the bottom of the bar, a facebook looking layout/bar, that enables chat to any member online, also a chat room box next to it if a group of members wanted to make their own chat room to talk to eachother

To me it seems cool, plus it would be a little better than going back and forth on PM'S

[MENTION=1]007 #vip

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

You can create your own chat room in the shoutbox if you want a group of people to come on in:

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Tricki View Post
      I was wondering what you thought about adding on a feature, & what ya'll thought about the feature as well

On some forums, I see at the bottom of the bar, a facebook looking layout/bar, that enables chat to any member online, also a chat room box next to it if a group of members wanted to make their own chat room to talk to eachother

To me it seems cool, plus it would be a little better than going back and forth on PM'S

[MENTION=1]007 #vip
      could you post an example site that has one of these i can check out? is the chat room box you are talking about, one that uses facebook accounts, or something specific to this site?

if specific to this site, as draven pointed out, the shoutbox has the ability make private chatrooms. i can also bring back an old feature we had on the site back in the day called flash chat. i could add it to the sb site.

Comment

we can already have private chats here and also have chatrooms with a group of members ..

although i cant fully relate to what tricki is saying cuz i dont use fb ... i actually like the shoutbox we have here .. sufficient to me ..

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
          we can already have private chats here and also have chatrooms with a group of members ..

Yeah exactly, i remember showing you how to do this chatroom thing a while back and you liked it

Comment

Originally posted by Tron View Post
            Yeah exactly, i remember showing you how to do this chatroom thing a while back and you liked it
            lol yeah .. at the time .. i was amazed ...

Comment

You don't have to sign into Facebook, I think it's optional though

[MENTION=1]007

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
              Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Tricki View Post
                You don't have to sign into Facebook, I think it's optional though

[MENTION=1]007
                That chat would be similar to what we have on the shoutbox. I will add the flash chat feature from before for you to check out and see if you like.

Comment

it's on mak-board and has nothing to do with facebook just a similar design, personally I think this would be reaaly cool and like dj tricki said it would cut down on the use of PM's

Comment

as i said....until josh sorts something you can quite easily make your own chatroom in the sb and talk with multiple members in if you so wish too

Comment

i think that thing is annoying every time i go to MB..that's my opinion tho..
                      Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Comment

I am working on getting the flashchat installed on the shoutbox server. It is not liking the fact that the sb site is on a Windows Server instead of a linux server. I'll keep you updated.

Comment

The flashchat we used before wont work [MENTION=2072]Dj Tricki as the version of php/mysql we use is too new. the software hasnt updated. I will look into other options, but have you tried the shoutbox chat feature? it works pretty well and you can invite memebers.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X