Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hannibal Creator Bryan Fuller Hopes Heroes Reborn Can Recapture Some of the Original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannibal Creator Bryan Fuller Hopes Heroes Reborn Can Recapture Some of the Original

Bryan Fuller is busy promoting the release of the Blu-ray for Hannibal Season 2 and prepping the third of his horror series. We were able to speak with the writer/producer recently about what we can expect from Hannibal's upcoming season (stay tuned for more on that). During the course of our conversation, we touched on the return of another series he was involved with: Heroes.

Fuller joined the Heroes staff as a consulting producer after the pilot and became a co-executive producer for the first season, he then left to create his own series Pushing Daisies, only to return as a consulting producer and to work on several story arcs for the later part of Heroes' third season heading into the fourth. Though, after crafting said arcs he once again departed to pursue his own endeavors.

Heroes Reborn, a 13-episode miniseries featuring a stand-alone arc, is set to air in 2015 on NBC. Heroes creator Tim Kring will executive produce Reborn, which will also feature a digital series released prior to the miniseries to will to introduce the main characters. Jack Coleman is set to reprise his role as Noah Bennet, but it's unclear who else - if anyone - from the original cast will appear in the series.

When asked how he felt about the return, Fuller expressed hope that it might recapture some of the original show's magic.

"That first season of Heroes, working in the writer's room with Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb and Michael Green and Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite was such a fantastic creative experience," Fuller reflected. "And one that was so unique because there was a lot of really creative people who were very invested in making the best show they possibly could. So I remember that first season very fondly, and I think it was creatively very successful for the show. I would love to see that dynamic and energy reborn in a new series. I would love to see Hayden Panettiere playing Claire Bennet again. I would love to see Jack Coleman playing HRG and Ali Larter playing Niki. There's a lot of emotional investment I have on that, but it's also such a rich, fertile ground, as anybody who's read a comic book in the last 50 years will tell you. Ordinary people with extraordinary abilities is so filled with hope as a concept. I would love to see the show come back and inspire again."

Milo Ventimiglia Looks Back on Heroes

"I would love to see Heroes restored to the respect it had in that first season," Fuller continued when asked if he thought it was possible to recapture the lighting in a bottle of the first season. "I think that would be wonderful. The show certainly deserves it, and I would love to see it. It's absolutely possible."

When asked if he'd taken any of the lessons that Heroes yielded into his work on Hannibal, Fuller said, "Absolutely."

Adding, "We don't want to tread water in any way, shape or form. There's a beautiful arc of stories in what Thomas Harris has written. Every season we go into wanting to go out as if it were our last season, because we have absolutely no control over those issues. It's impossible to predict. So we always prepare for the show to be ending with that final episode and hope to have more, because I think this show should not go on forever. It should be a close story, and it is nice to see the arc. I don't think it should go more than five or six seasons."
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X