Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Great Jim Brown Calls Out Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan For Lack Of Community Activ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Great Jim Brown Calls Out Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan For Lack Of Community Activ

Most feel it's the duty of famous people to give back, showing activism within their community. Athletes fall into this category too, simply because the top of their respective sports making a whole lot of cash.

Some celebs do their part and some don't. In a recent interview with HBO's "Real Sports," former NFL great Jim Brown called out two athletes for their lack of activism in recent years -- those being Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan.

According to AOL's Black Voices, Brown said: "There are one or two individuals in this country that are black that have been put in front of us as an example. But they're basically under a system that says, 'Hey, they're not gonna do a certain thing.' Yes, that disappoints me because I know they both know better.

"You know what's so interesting about Tiger to me? If it was just a matter of me looking at an individual that's a monster competitor, this cat is a mama-jama, he is a killer. He'll run over you, he'll kick your ass, but as an individual for social change, or any of that kind of (stuff) ... terrible, terrible. Because he can get away with teaching kids to play golf, and that's his contribution. And in the real world, man, I can't teach no kids to play golf and that's my contribution, if I got that kind of power."

Wow, if Brown's right, these two guys should be ashamed of themselves. Tiger Woods is almost a damn near billionaire.

After football, Brown has done his part, trying to curtail violence and promote education in the hood.

The episode of "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" will air on HBO this week, and will also feature basketball great Bill Russell.
    SourcE:Ballerstatus.com
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X