Terrell Owens Still Hopes To Return To NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Owens Still Hopes To Return To NFL

Although he signed a deal with the Seattle Seahawks in 2012, he never played. Actually, Terrell Owens hasn't played in the NFL since his 2010 season with the Cincinnati Bengals... but is holding onto hope that he can return.

In an interview with the NFL Network's "NFL AM" show on Wednesday (June 12), the former NFL star said he hasn't gotten a call from any teams since last August ... and believes "politics" is the reason for the lack of interest in signing him.

"I think a lot of of it has to do with my reputation, things that I've done earlier in my career, but I'm a changed person, I'm a little bit more mature than I was in years past," Owens explained.

As for the type of contribution he could make today, Owens said he could be a valuable asset to an NFL franchise, helping a team develop its younger receivers and help on the field, as well.

"I know I can still play the game and it's a matter of somebody just giving me the opportunity to go out there and play," he said.

Owens is 39 years old now, and last played in Week 15 of the 2010 season, and then, sat out the entire 2011 season following surgery on his left knee. He played for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League last year, but was released and lost an ownership stake in the team in May.
    Source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X