LeBron James, Other Stars Want All-Star Break Extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron James, Other Stars Want All-Star Break Extended

For NBA stars, All-Star Weekend is fun, but it doesn't allow them to get any adequate rest to recharge for the remainder of the season. Because of this, many players are lobbying to have the break extended for an entire week to give the All-Stars time to rest as well.

In a recent interview with ESPN Radio, new NBA commissioner Adam Silver revealed that Miami Heat star LeBron James is among the players who have personally asked him to make the league's annual All-Star break longer. He said he met with multiple players during All-Star Weekend in New Orleans and shared that James, among others, want more time to rest during the annual All-Star break.

"LeBron and I have had a relationship for a long time," Silver said. "We're so far in season [that] the relationship has mainly been one of texting and emailing. I spoke to him for a little bit [Sunday], and he had a few things to say in the locker room when I was in talking to the players.

"One of the issues LeBron raised is a break during All-Star [Weekend]. A guy like LeBron, All-Star Weekend is not a break for him in any way. He's going around the clock with a combination of things the league is asking him to do, personal commitments, and I think it makes sense if we can work in the schedule a few days so the All-Stars can get a break as well."

While it's definitely an interesting notion, the commissioner added that a schedule change of that magnitude would have to be negotiated with the players' association, but also said that it would be a main topic of discussion once the union selects its full-time replacement for ousted executive director Billy Hunter.
    Source
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X